Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Mexico
Gastric Sleeve in Mexico is one of the most straightforward weight-loss surgeries that simply removes two-thirds of the stomach. This is the most popular weight loss surgery in Mexico and is referred to as the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG).
This procedure is effective in overcoming obesity by reducing hunger and requiring smaller food portions to feel satisfied. A recent study showcased patients’ percentage of excess weight loss at 82% in the first year after surgery.
- Short recovery time – back at work within 1-2 weeks or less
- Stomach capacity permanently reduced
- Decrease hunger hormones
- Increased satiety
- Easily revisable if you do not get the results you desire
Gastric Bypass Surgery in Mexico
Gastric Bypass Surgery, or Roux-en-Y (RNY), reduces the stomach size significantly into a pouch about an egg’s size. Additionally, the new stomach pouch bypasses a section of the small intestines, reducing calories from absorbing into the body. The RNY gastric bypass has a high success rate and significantly improves and even cures obesity-related health problems.
It is a permanent tool that is the #2 choice for bariatric surgeries in Mexico and the United States. Gastric bypass is great for patients with acid reflux and is especially useful for individuals with a 35+ BMI (body mass index).
- Average of 73% excess weight loss within the first year.
- Likely to improve diabetes, high blood pressure, & sleep apnea.
- A new egg-shaped stomach pouch is formed.
- Slightly higher weight loss than gastric sleeve
- Creates nutrient deficiencies requiring vitamins.
Gastric Balloon in Mexico
Gastric Balloon is a restrictive, non-surgical procedure that feeds a deflated balloon from the mouth to the stomach and filled with saline or gas. It’s designed to lose up to 20-40 pounds within a 6 to 12-month timeframe before it’s removed.
The balloon works by making it uncomfortable to overeat and takes up space in the stomach so you feel more full. It offers a short-term approach to get on track with a healthier diet and exercise habits.
- Mexico Bariatric Center offers the Orbera Balloon and Spatz3 Balloon.
- The balloon is inserted orally into your stomach and patients can typically return home the following day (if not the same day).
- May expect to lose 20 to 40 pounds in total.
- Many patients choose gastric sleeve surgery when getting the balloon removed, due to not enough weight loss.
Duodenal Switch Surgery in Mexico
Duodenal Switch Surgery is both restrictive and malabsorptive which provides one of the highest expected weight loss compared to all other gastric surgeries.
This procedure starts by creating a banana-shaped stomach, removing about 60% of the stomach capacity, similar to a gastric sleeve. Then the duodenal switch takes it one step further and bypasses a major portion of the small intestines, “switching” or rerouting them to the new sleeve-shaped stomach.
- Morbidly obese individuals with a minimum BMI of 40+ unless it’s performed to revise previous surgery.
- Average of 80% excess weight loss in one year.
- Highest success to improve or cure health problems like diabetes, cardiovascular, and hypertension.
- A strict vitamin schedule is required for life because of severe nutrient deficiencies.
Bariatric Revision Surgery in Mexico
Bariatric Surgery Revision is growing in popularity as more people undergo gastric surgery. Reviving a previous surgery is more common than you think, and some surgical techniques can yield really effective results with high success rates.
Mexico Bariatric Center is known to have the best surgeons specialized in revising failed, outdated, and even the most difficult bariatric procedures.
- High success rates in converting Gastric Sleeve Revision to RNY Bypass, Mini Bypass, Duodenal Switch, or even Re-Sleeve.
- Revise failed RNY Gastric Bypass procedures by lengthen the Roux limb (distal bypass), add lap band, or reduce the size of the stomach pouch.
- Easily revise Lap Band (gastric banding) to gastric sleeve