Bariatric Vitamin Guide: Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass, and Lap-Band
The following must be taken every day for the rest of your life. Each surgical procedure has different requirements, so look to the list for your particular process. If you need guidance in this area or require vitamins, please contact us to purchase our recommended vitamins designed for you individual bariatric needs.
- Daily chewable multivitamin with 200% RDA.
- Daily Calcium 1500-2000mg per day with Vitamin D.
- Divided into three dosages a day.
- Needs to be taken with calcium citrate and vitamin D3.
- Optional B complex
- B complex will help to increase energy.
Important Vitamins Specific to Gastric Sleeve:
- Add Iron to the above list.
Essential Vitamins and information for Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy and Lap-band System
- Add B12 and Iron to above list.
Essential Vitamins and information for Roux-en-Y and Gastric Bypass
- Add Calcium Citrate with Vitamin D, and Iron to the above list.
- CalciumHelp to increase and maintain bone strength. Without calcium, there is a risk of fracture.
- Helps to nourish the nervous system. Without B12, there is a risk of memory loss and paralysis.
- B complex
- Help increase energy.
- Carries oxygen throughout the system. Without Iron, there is an increase in stroke, heart attack, and anemia.
Additional Health Information:
- This is one of the most important things you can do after surgery to keep healthy, increase energy levels, and lose the maximum amount of weight.
- Walking burns 200 calories per mile and there are 3,500 calories in one pound. Consult your nutritionist for an exercise routine.
Hair loss: Side Affect
- If hair loss is noticed three months after surgery, consult your nutritionist to help you adjust your diet. Hair loss is often attributed to deficiencies in the diet. However, there is no “guarantee.” Hair re-growth occurs after several months. To help increase this process, it is recommended to consume 70-80g protein every day. By purchasing our recommended vitamins, it can contribute to restoring any hair loss that you may be experiencing.
- 64oz should be the daily goal for water intake this is eight 8oz per day.
- Only as tolerated.
- Only tiny sips throughout the day.