Cabos San Lucas is a major vacation destination for the United States and Canadian travelers.
- Cabo has an incredible weather with hot sunny days and little moisture. There could be about 350-360 days of sunshine throughout the year.
- The rainy season is in the months of July, August, September. But, it only receives 7-10 inches of rain annually.
- Jacques Cousteau discovered an underwater sand waterfall during his ventures in Baja. There is a 1200 feet canyon below into which the sand cascades into. This dive spot is recommended for advanced and experienced divers only.
- It is believed that Cousteau once described the Sea of Cortez as the “Aquarium of the World” about the numerous shoals of fish.
- Cabo San Lucas is often referred to as the Striped Marlin Capital of the world. Rumor has it that more striped marlin has been found in Cabo than anywhere else in the world. Marlin fishing thus draws a lot of tourists.
- Nine public golf courses can be found in the Cabo area.
- Cabo is also well known for its fantastic restaurants and well-renowned chefs. Some of the famous chefs include Manuel Arredondo from Manuel’s Creative Cuisine and Larbi Dahrouch from Agua.
- The beaches of the city are all up to the high tide line, and one should take the time to visit the spectacular beaches of Cabo.
- Medano Beach also known as Playa Medano is the most popular beach.
- Water at some other beaches can be unfit for swimming. Some of the beaches almost always safe for swimming are Medano beach, Chileno Beach, Playa Palmilla and Santa Maria Bay. But be cautious to follow the safety flags.
- Cabo is a great place for surfing too. Places like Zippers, Monuments, and El Tule are great for duffers. Beginners can, however, head to the Mike Doyle Surf School at the Cabo Surf Hotel.
- Downtown Cabo San Lucas is a perfect party place. The majority of the clubs are in Cabo San Lucas, but a few can be found in San Jose del Cabo also.
- A lot of celebrities can be spotted hanging out in Cabo San Lucas like Jennifer Aniston, George Clooney, and Paris Hilton to name a few.
- A television show called, “The Lands” was shot in Cabo. It aired from 1995-1996 and also starred famous former football player Fred Dreyer.
- The San Jose Estuary, which is situated in eastern San Jose del Cabo, is spread over an area of 2,000 acres of green land contrasting Cabo’s mountain terrain. An underground river called Rio San Jose from this estuary. Over 250 species of animals inhabit this area.
More Information & Links