There’s nothing worse than arriving at Chick-fil-A® before realizing it’s Sunday. Their signature chicken sandwich took the nation by storm in 1964, causing other fast food chains to follow suit with their own version of a crispy chicken sandwich. Fried chicken isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of healthy fast food. However, Chick-fil-A uses all-natural, quality ingredients, making it an excellent choice for post bariatric surgery patients.
Chick-fil-A Bariatric-Friendly Menu
A bariatric-friendly diet consists of about 1,000-1,200 calories daily. Chick-fil-A’s inclusive menu offers many high-protein, healthy-fat choices that leave your taste buds dancing without sacrificing your weight loss goals. Chick-fil-A lists calorie content next to every item on their menu, making it easy to make a wholesome, nutritious decision.
It’s Chick-fil-A’s pleasure to serve you breakfast as early as 6:30 am. They offer a handful of protein-packed breakfast options, leaving you satisfied and ready to take your day head-on.
|Chick-fil-A Chick-n-Mini’s (360 Cal)||13g||41g||20g||8g|
|Egg White Grill (290 Cal)||8g||30g||26g||2g|
|Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Muffin (310 Cal)||14g||29g||16g||2g|
|Greek Yogurt Parfait (270 Cal)||9g||36g||13g||26g|
|Hash Brown (270 Cal)||18g||23g||3g||0g|
Chick-fil-A’s welcoming family environment makes busy nights easier to manage, with options for the whole family. Their low-calorie savory food will fill you up while giving you the essential nutrients you need.
|Grilled Chicken Sandwich (380 Cal)||12g||43g||28g||11g|
|Chick-fil-A Nuggets (250 Cal)||11g||11g||27g||1g|
|Grilled Nuggets (130 Cal)||3g||1g||25g||1g|
|Chick-fil-A Chick-n-Strips (310 Cal)||14g||16g||29g||2g|
|Chicken Tortilla Soup (340 Cal)||10g||38g||23g||4g|
|Chicken Noodle Soup (170 Cal)||4g||25g||10g||1g|
Chick-fil-A® classic lemonade drink uses simple ingredients: real lemon juice (not from concentrate), cane sugar, and water. Chick-fil-A® classic diet lemonade drink uses the same ingredients but replaces cane sugar with no-calorie sweetener Splenda®.
If you are out and about and need a boost of energy, Chick-fil-A is a great place to grab a quick snack. Their low-calorie Kale Crunch Salad will give you the endurance to get through all your errands.
|Fruit Cup (60 Cal)||0g||15g||1g||11g|
|Kale Crunch Side (120 Cal)||9g||8g||3g||3g|
|Diet Lemonade (50 Cal)||0g||14g||0g||10g|
|Iced Tea Unsweetened (0 Cal)||0g||0g||0g||0g|
|Honest Kids Apple Juice (35 Cal)||0g||9g||0g||8g|
|Hot Coffee (0 Cal)||0g||0g||0g||0g|
|Iced Coffee (0 Cal)||0g||0g||0g||0g|
Basic Precautions for Chick-fil-A
- Avoid Sugary Condiments/Sauces: It can be tempting to reach for a container of Chick-fil-A sauce, but with a caloric count of 145 Cal, it should be avoided on a bariatric diet. Check out our condiments after bariatric surgery guide to help you find the best and worst sauces for your meals.
- Avoid Cheese: Cheese is a high-fat dairy product that, if removed, can lower the calorie content significantly of most Chick-fil-A food items. Leaving out the cheese lowers your calorie intake and won’t leave you feeling bloated.
- Avoid Sugary Beverages: Sugary drinks can cause dumping syndrome because of their high-sugar content and can add unwanted air into the stomach pouch resulting in gas pain. Treating yourself to a cookies and cream milkshake can seem enticing, but being rich with 630 calories can take you off track.
- Don’t Drink from a Straw: Using a straw will introduce extra air into your new stomach pouch, causing gas pain and discomfort.
- Avoid Overeating: Meals should be no more than 4-6 ounces. Overeating can stretch out your stomach pouch and leave you with digestive issues.
By making simple modifications like this, you can enjoy delicious meals from Chick-fil-A while staying on track with your weight loss goals.
Check out these other helpful blogs!
- Complete Guide to Fast Food After Weight Loss Surgery
- What Can I Order at McDonald’s After Bariatric Surgery?
- What Can I Order at Taco Bell After Bariatric Surgery?
- What to Eat at Your Favorite Restaurant After Bariatric Surgery
- What Can I Order at Starbucks After Bariatric Surgery?
- What Can I Order at Wendy’s After Bariatric Surgery?
- What Can I Order at Panda Express After Bariatric Surgery?
- Bariatric-Friendly Chipotle Menu