Why Competitors Can’t Compare to Mexico Bariatric Center®
Mexico Bariatric Center® is a best-in-class Mexico Medical Tourism operator dedicated to bariatrics. MBC holds over 20,000 successful surgeries compared to competitors like Tijuana Bariatrics™ or Pompeii Surgical, with much fewer operations.
MBC provides world-renowned exclusive surgical teams who comply with proper bariatric protocols. Our board-certified bariatric surgeons are experienced in all types of weight loss procedures, including endoscopic and laparoscopic. That is why patients have the lowest complication and long-term success rates.
A remarkable network of professionals by your side every step of the way.
From the reviews we get from customers, we are highly regarded and recommended as one of the best bariatric centers in Mexico. Customers love MBC not because of our cheap and high-quality surgeries but the accompanying services. Our all-inclusive packages feature transportation, hotel stay, a post-op care program, and lifetime nutritional support. Most bariatric centers only provide surgical services but not all of the amenities.
- We are passionate about helping people renew their lives
- We provide the best value for patients with unmatched prices
- We work with centers of excellence with private rooms and bathroom
MBC is a “US-based” corporation headquartered in Sacramento, California. Unlike “Tijuana-based” companies that don’t have to comply with or follow the same United States-based business rules, we strive to uphold regulations and practices at MBC.
A Lighter Me
ATTENTION: ALIGHTERME WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY FACILITATOR IS NO LONGER IN BUSINESS AS OF 2019
A Lighter Me is a “home-Based” company in Elk Grove, CA, owned by Bravo Development and run by Sandy Johnston. Formed in 2002, A Lighter Me provides plastics and dental services besides bariatrics in Tijuana, Mexico. ALM works with Dr. Elias Ortiz as their main surgeon performing around 9 surgeries daily.
ALIGHTERME uses 3 other weight loss surgeons: Dr. Mariano Covarrubias, Dr. Miguel Montalvo, and JP Fernandez, MD FACS. A Lighter Me uses Dr. Omar Lazos for plastic and reconstructive surgeries.
Sandy Johnston was a bariatric surgery patient herself and had put together a guide in “Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico.”
ALighterMe is a BBB A+ rating and uses two medical facilities in Tijuana, Mexico—Mi Doctor Hospital for bariatrics and CER Hospital for plastics. ALM is working with the Nakeji Dental Group, formed in 2004.
The biggest difference between A Lighter Me and Mexico Bariatric Center is that they have no nutritionist and no surgeon liaison working with bariatric patients. As one of the major providers of Mexican weight loss surgery, they offer gastric sleeve, and gastric bypass procedures to their patients.
- A Lighter Me’s main surgeon Dr. Elias Ortiz is really famous and completed many successful surgeries.
- No nutritionist
- No Surgeon Liasion
- A home-based company with no physical headquarters
Learn more about A Lighter Me
Tijuana Bariatrics has been in business since 2013, with only two bariatric surgeons on their team. Dr. Fernando Garcia is the main surgeon, and Dr. David Vazquez (no longer working in the group). This limits the number of procedures and the difficulty of what they perform. Tijuana Bariatric Center (TBC) has been offering medical tourism to its patients on and off.
Tijuana Bariatrics has been open for almost a decade as a U.S.-based corporation that performs many weight loss operations. The downside of Tijuana Bariatrics is that with only two bariatric surgeons on their team, this limits the number of procedures and difficulty of what they perform.
One really sketchy thing about their patient photos on their website is that they are actually models by hire. They mentioned that on the bottom of their website with a disclaimer sign.
- All surgeons are well-experienced and certified
- The surgeons only perform 4-5 surgeries a day for good-quality surgery
- They offer several nights of stay at the Marriott Hotel
- No Surgeon Liaison
- Only one surgeon
- At the bottom of their website, it says the pictures are actual models, not actual patients. Thus, the photos on their websites are fake.
- Works in various hospitals*
* TBC used CER Hospital for a while and now is operating at the Oasis Hospital the Playas, Tijuana. Do you want a Mexico Based Business with a virtual address as its headquarters?
Pompeii Surgical is a weight loss surgery company providing procedures in Tijuana, Mexico. Dr. Sergio Quinones direct Pompeii Surgical and works with Dr. Enrique Saucedo, Dr. Luis Pasten, and Dr. Carlos Galindo Lopez.
Pompeii Surgical Center has a 4.9 rating on Google from over 500 reviews. The base price for a gastric sleeve procedure with Pompeii is $5,300.
- Limited to only 4 surgeries a day for good quality
- They have modern and pristine operating rooms
- Beautiful recovery house in Rosarito
- In-house financing
- Down payment of $2,500 for in-house financing
- Recovery house shared room – private room costs more
Weight Loss Agents do seem to have all the necessities for the surgical procedures, however, compared to Mexico Bariatric center, their hotel reviews often have many reviews such as those which their patients are not satisfied. Whereas our travel stay is well-known for offering top-quality service, and accommodations, and patient care. Weight loss agents is a discounted bariatric company based in Mexico headed by surgeon Dr. Mario Almanza.
They have 16 surgeons!!! This averages at less than 1,500 bariatric surgeries performed by each surgeon. This is very low compared to our surgeons who have performed a minimum of 3,500-5,500 successful weight loss procedures. This average doesn’t give their surgeons a lot of expertise, skill, or training. In 2018, Weight Loss Agents chief surgeon, Dr. Mario Almanza made headlines of major news outlets injuring dozens and and even causes death of patient due to surgery complications. [Watch News Story]
- Their certified surgeons have done over 16,000 surgeries and claim to be well experienced.
- They limit their surgeries per day, thus every surgery is performed to top-notch
- A great variety of packages
- They have 14 surgeons
- Their hospitals are highly advanced just like the ones in the USA
- One of the weight loss surgery that their surgeon performed killed someone due to complications
- Less than 500 likes on the main Facebook page and bad google reviews
- They have a really confusing website with the content just everywhere
Obesity Control Center
The Obesity Control Center has been around for over ten years. OCC does seem to have all the surgeries experience because they completed over 25,000. Dr. Ariel Ortiz is the head of the Obesity Control Center; he has been featured on many media and news programs. Dr. Ortiz is working alongside Dr. Arturo Martinez and Dr. Marcos Castaneda (no longer with them).
The downside to OCC is they only have two surgeons, thus making each surgeon perform a large number of surgeries per day. (If they hit 25,000 with 3 surgeons, that would take each surgeon 18 surgeries every day for an entire year.)
- Their surgeons are world-class and completed over 20,000 surgeries
- They offer a 3-night hotel stay for gastric sleeve
- 5-star hotel
- Only 2 surgeons, thus limiting the number of surgical procedures a day
- Not much of a variety of weight-loss surgeries
- They don’t offer duodenal switch surgery
- Only one night in the hospital for the gastric sleeve
- Transportation, surgical material, and fill adjustment are all you will have to pay
Endobariatric is a beautiful facility founded by Dr. Guillermo Alvarez, who is specializes and experienced in Gastric Sleeve Surgery only. Endobariatric does seem to offer a variety of benefits to their surgical process. However, the length of their surgery time seems to be too low. This makes many wonders if the surgery is even done to its best quality.
On their website, only Cristalbal Garza seems to be a board-certified surgeon, whereas the other surgeons are not. Endobariatric also seems to have only 5 surgeons, thus limiting the number of surgical procedures per day.
- They only accept 3-5 sleeve patients a day for good-quality surgeries
- They have 5 surgeons
- Their surgeries only last about 25 minutes
- No long wait time for surgery sign ups
- They offer a 3-night stay in the hospital
- They offer a 3-night stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites
- Only Cristalbal Garza is a board-certified surgeon; the rest are unknown
Lighter Dream Bariatrics
Lighter Dream Bariatrics is a brand-new bariatric agency that started in 2019. Although their trust is very low, they claim to help patients achieve weight loss results and an obesity-free life the way patients have always wanted. Their newly developed website showcases surgeons, surgeries, and very little information about them.
This weight loss facilitator works with surgeons like Dr. Mario Camelo, Dr. Cazares, and Dr. Navarros. Unfortunately, their primary coordinator goes by a fake alias of Christine Premier. Compared to a top provider like Mexico Bariatric Center, Lighter Dream is the polar opposite regarding the trust, reviews, service, and overall dependability offered at MBC.
- Lighter Dream advertises real surgeons in Mexico
- The website is up to date
- Previous experience in the Mexico medical tourism industry
- Performed under 250 surgeries since opening
- No trust in the industry
- Difficult to find real reviews
- Very small Facebook following
Read More About Lighter Dream Bariatrics
Be Slim Bariatrics
Be Slim Bariatrics (BSB) is offering similar packages for surgeons as a spin-off of the company called Lighter Dream. BeSlim’s main headquarters in Sacramento, California, is to provide cheap weight loss procedures in Tijuana.
- 3 non-exclusive bariatric surgeons
- U.S.-based coordinating company
- Medical tourism paid member
- Less experienced surgeons
- Newly formed company
- Non-transparent pricing
As a mid-level weight loss surgery facilitator, Renew Bariatrics works with multiple surgeons and hospital facilities to accommodate patients travel for affordable bariatric surgery in Mexico.
Although they have high likes on their main Facebook page, Renew Bariatric has very few reviews. Additionally, they charge you extra cost if you want to bring a companion. On the upside, though, they offer the main weight-loss surgeries. They also made a statement on their website, dedicating their life to helping others fight obesity.
Although Renew Bariatrics does not work exclusively with surgeons, they have many benefits.
- 4,000+ likes on the main Facebook page
- They offer the main weight-loss surgeries
- They have financing options
- Medical Tourism Insurance is included in every surgery package
- Knowledgeable patient coordinators and staff
- Well-known surgeons
- Low all-inclusive price
- No exclusive surgeons
- Many extra fees and hidden costs
- Uses fake names for owner and management
- Facebook, Google, and Yelp reviews are less than 30
- No in-house financing
- If you want to bring a companion, you have an additional cost
Learn more about Renew Bariatrics
ALO Bariatrics is a Mexico-wide bariatric center offering obesity surgery in Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, and even Tijuana. This Mexico-based company is named after the Founder and Chief Surgeon, Dr. Alejandro Lopez.
Dr. Lopez has been a part of the weight loss surgery industry for over a decade, offering procedures like sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass, revision surgery, and other popular surgeries. Unfortunately, their website doesn’t have a section or page that talks about the company, which isn’t very transparent or trusting. ALO offers the main weight-loss surgeries and has a top-notch package deal. Led by Dr. Alejandro Lopez, MD, ALO Bariatrics has a lot of experience while offering a few different surgeons who range in price.
With only about 3,000 likes on their main Facebook page and less than 20 reviews on Facebook, Google, and Yelp, ALO doesn’t have a solid reputation like Mexico Bariatric Center. Nonetheless, they are a legitimate provider, and Dr. Lopez is well-known in the Mexican weight loss surgery industry. The main downside is that only one surgeon completed over 6,000+ surgeries, and the other three surgeon’s experiences are unknown.
- They offer most of the common weight-loss surgeries
- They have multiple locations around Mexico
- They have private transportation, pre/post-op diet, and hotel stay
- Less than 20 reviews on Facebook’s main page, google, and Yelp
- Only about 3,000 likes on the main page
- Only one surgeon has completed 6,000+ surgeries, and the other three surgeons never mentioned how many surgeries they have completed.
- Some of the surgery pages have good detailed descriptions and some have short and not very descriptive details.