American rapper, Rick Ross, has fans wondering how he lost so much weight. After suffering two seizures, he came to the realization that he needed to alter his lifestyle. Following his doctor’s advice, he underwent substantial weight loss surgery and shed close to 100 pounds in 7 months. Ross also embraced a healthy way of living, which ultimately resulted in him saving his own life.
Ross’s story is similar to many celebrities who changed their lives by receiving life-altering bariatric surgery. See a list of celebrities with gastric surgery.
Rick Ross’s Gastric Bypass Surgery
In 2014, Rick Ross underwent RNY gastric bypass surgery, two years after his unsuccessful lap band procedure. Lap-Band patients tend to experience unsatisfying weight loss results, leading them to convert it to a more effective surgery like the Gastric Bypass or Gastric Sleeve.
Studies show that one year after surgery, gastric bypass patients lose 70% excess weight (%EW), while gastric band patients only produce 36% excess weight.
So many superstars keep their procedure private and are not honest about it. Ross, however, has been totally open and transparent with his weight loss surgery journey.
Rick Ross Reveals The Secret To His Permanent Weight Loss
Ross exposed how he achieved his trim down. Here is the secret to his long-term weight loss success:
– Weight Loss Surgery: Rick Ross dropped pounds rapidly after getting the gastric bypass, the gold standard of bariatric surgery. Gastric bypass changes the body’s metabolic thermostat and works in 2 different ways:
- Because of a much smaller stomach pouch, the appetite is curbed.
- Rerouted small intestine allows food to be digested more quickly and absorb fewer calories into the body.
“I can’t really eat after I had gastric bypass. If I eat more than about 4 or 5 wings, I throw up because my stomach is too small. I can still drink, but I can’t really eat as I used to anymore, ” Ross said in an interview with Glamour Fame.
– Adopted a Healthy Diet: In interviews, Ross revealed that while living a rapper lifestyle, he had little regard for the foods he consumed. For example, he used to eat two 4-ounce steaks every day and loved ordering fast food. On his weight loss journey after surgery, he followed a diet plan by eating fast food only twice a week and less than four pieces at a time. He did not follow fad diets but had a chef develop recipes that he enjoyed.
– Followed an Exercise Plan: Rick Ross frequently exercised along with eating healthy. He referred to Crossfit as “Rossfit,” which was his favorite place to work out with his friends. His workout routine consists of warming up with a jog, doing pushups for 30 minutes, and using 5 different training stations. He states, “My advice for anyone looking to lose weight is not to make it feel like a job.”
How much weight did Rick Ross lose?
Rick Ross used to weigh over 400 pounds, but his two life-threatening seizures jumpstarted his weight loss journey. Rapper Rick Ross had a major transformation, dropping almost 100 pounds in 2014. The procedure helped Rick to lose around 80% of his excess weight.
Did you know? Rick Ross owns around 30 WingStop locations with his mother.
Ross still eats chicken wings and enjoys stakes but in smaller portions.
How did Rick Ross keep it off?
The Miami-raised rapper has improved his diet, hits the gym regularly, and no longer drinks eight root beers daily. In Men’s Health, he states that losing weight made him view life differently, “I’m happy. I’m still losing weight and am starting to build hard muscle in places. #ShredMe”
Being around fatty food all the time makes it hard to keep weight off, but nonetheless, he was still able to keep it off with his healthy routines.
Rick Ross Profile:
American rapper, songwriter, record executive, entrepreneur, and ex-athlete William Leonard Roberts II, also known as Rick Ross.
Age: 47 years
Starting Weight: 400lbs (BMI: 51.36)
Before Surgery: 350 lbs
After Surgery: 235 lbs
Current Weight: around 300lbs (BMI: 38.52)
Renew Your Life With Bariatrics
Feel Free to Contact us if you or someone you know needs help to control their weight. Find out if bariatric surgery is the best option for you!
- Did Billy Gardell Get Weight Loss Surgery?
- Uncovering the Truth: Did Elon Musk Get Weight Loss Surgery?
- Adele’s 7 Weight Loss Secrets: Incorporate Them Into Your Life
- Kelly Osbourne’s Weight Loss Surgery Revealed
- Top 21 Celebrity Weight Loss Surgery Transformations
- Did Charles Barkley Get Weight Loss Surgery?
Leave A Comment