A current passport is advised for all individuals in your party. If you do not have a passport or your passport is expired, we suggest ordering an expedited passport application/renewal in order to receive your passport prior to your departure to Mexico.
If you do NOT have a passport
If you are crossing the border, you may use one of the following instead of a conventional passport only upon approval from your Patient Coordinator.
- Passport ID Card
- Enhanced Driver’s License (Currently only the following states that provide these are: Washington, Vermont, Michigan, Minnesota, and New York)
- Both a Valid Driver’s License/ID Card AND Original U.S. Birth Certificate (no copies). It is also highly suggested to bring your Social Security card as well as a recent utility/cell phone bill that matches your name and the address shown on your license/ID (in combination with License and original U.S. Birth Certificate)
The more documentation you have, the better off you will be, so be prepared!
- For more information, visit: Passport Applications & Info
- Watch this YouTube Video: Applying for U.S. Passport
Or you may call:
- 1-877-487-2778 US State Department– American Travelers Services
- Link to: US Embassy in Mexico – American Travelers Services while in Mexico
I may have 2 companions wanting to come.
Will that be allowed?
Yes that is not a problem
Will the companion need a passport
yes, the companion needs a passport as well.
How far away is the hotel from the hospital ?
It’s a 5-minute drive away which our transportation covers to/from
I have an up to date passport which last until 2025 but its more than 10 years old do I need to renew it prior to traveling top Mexico
If the passport is not expired, it will be fine.
I’ve been talking to someone at your office that says I don’t need a passport
Hi James, you are Correct. You do not need a passport as long as you have both a real ID and your Birth Certificate!
I have a passport but it has my married name on it . Can I still use that or do I have to get a new one ?
Hi Heather, you can still use it but make sure to bring your marriage license to explain the name change.
I’m so excited,
We’re excited to have you! :)