A personal loan is a form of cash advance that can be used without limitations. Receiving funds is a quick process, and repaying the loan is expected in a short to medium-term time frame. Some lenders give you better rates by considering your education, employment history, etc.
For example, let’s say you need $4,000 to pay for gastric sleeve surgery and are approved for a 2-year loan at a 20.00% annual percentage rate (APR). Over two years, you’d pay back about $4,655 over 24 monthly payments at $193.95. You can compare personal loan financing options here.
Best places to secure a personal loan:
- Partnership with SuperMoney.com
- Banks (needs excellent credit history)
- Credit Unions (lower rates and low credit scores)
- Peer-to-Peer / Marketplace Lenders (average to fair credit)
- Online Lenders (relaxed credit requirements and quick funding)