A personal loan is a form of cash advance that can be used without limitations. Receiving funds is quick, and repaying the loan is expected in short to medium term. Some lenders give you better rates by considering your education, employment history, etc.
Avoid making too many loan inquiries in a short period of time, as it could affect your credit score.
For example, let’s say you need $4,000 to pay for gastric sleeve surgery and are approved for a 2-year loan at a 20.00% annual percentage rate (APR). Over two years, you’d pay back about $4,655 over 24 monthly payments at $193.95. You can compare personal loan financing options here.
Best places to secure a personal loan:
- Partnership with SuperMoney.com
- Banks (needs excellent credit history)
- Credit Unions (lower rates and low credit scores)
- Peer-to-Peer / Marketplace Lenders (average to fair credit)
- Online Lenders (relaxed credit requirements and quick funding)