We treat nausea just before it starts. We use special drugs that are specifically designed to combat nausea. Nausea is one of the MOST common post-op symptoms/side effects. Maybe not immediately post-op, but definitely within the first week. It also depends on the procedure. For example, sleeve gastrectomy might have more nausea than lap-band or gastric bypass. We combat this by administering medication within the IV. If you continue feeling nausea, we will use a different medication or increase the dosage.
- What is done to minimize pain and discomfort immediately after surgery?
- Should I bring my own pain medication?
- What should I do if pain can’t be relieved when I return home?
- Is removal of the drain painful?
- What is the average pain period I can expect?
– Back to Top (FAQ)