If your hernia is not repaired, you’re going to have reflux and be in a very bad condition. It is not safe for the patient and can have consequences later on. Also, you will eventually have to do an endoscopy and hernia repair surgery later on. So it’s always better to repair it and to prevent reflux during bariatric surgery.
- How common are hiatal hernias?
- What surgical procedure is used to repair a hiatal hernia? Fundoplication?
- Will the doctor always be able to see a hiatal hernia?
- Hiatal Hernia Repair, Symptoms, and Treatment – Paraesophageal PEH
- Bariatric Meal Plan to Assist with Acid Reflux
- Undergoing Bariatric Surgery with a Hiatal Hernia Repair