Mild pain or discomfort may be experienced for up to 1-week post-op. After 1 week, the pain experienced is often caused by gas, commonly referred to as “gas pain”, and can be alleviated by walking or over-the-counter gas-relieving medications. Walking is one of the most important things you can do to improve post-op recovery and healing. Stay hydrated and walk!
- What is done to minimize pain?
- Should I bring my own pain medication?
- What should I do if pain can’t be relieved when I return home?
- Is removal of the drain painful?
- Why do I have so much gas after bariatric surgery?
– Back to Top (FAQ)