Gastric Sleeve Surgery Costs Overview
Are curious about how the gastric sleeve surgery costs with Mexico Bariatric Center compares to prices in your or other countries? Here is an overview of how our pricing compares that of other countries.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery (Sleeve Gastrectomy) has become the most popular and preferred choice for patients. This procedure produces excellent results without rerouting the intestine and with less risk. Sleeve surgery typically costs as much as $15,000 to $25,000 per surgery based on their geographical location. With most individuals reporting an average price of $16,000 to $18,000 per surgery. These are the costs you can expect to self-pay (without insurance) in the United States.
For Canadians, the gastric sleeve surgery is covered by their national health care system. However, the wait lists are long and can be years depending on the province. Canadians pay an average of $19,000 when they use “self-pay” surgeons.
Medical tourism for bariatrics has grown by leaps and bounds, patients travel to other cities and countries to seek affordable healthcare. Hospitals facilities and specialists in countries like Mexico offer excellent healthcare at affordable prices!
In Mexico, the cost of the gastric sleeve is typically one-third that the price of the United States and Canada. In Mexico costs for vertical sleeve gastrectomy can range from $5,000 to $11,000, with the average price at $8,000.
Regardless of the cost, undergoing gastric sleeve has benefits of improved health and well-being, and will pay for itself in a short time. Studies have shown the cost-effectiveness of bariatric surgery, like the gastric sleeve, on the Quality-Adjusted-Life-Year (QALY). The patient will recover the expenses in about 2 to 4 years if done in the United States/Canada, and about a year if done in Mexico with much more affordable prices.
The stigma attached to traveling to Mexico for medical care, however, this warning as Mexico is increasing as a bariatric surgery provider. Mexico offers the best quality gastric sleeve surgery at the most affordable prices. Medical tourists can save thousands on obesity surgery and still get the necessary surgery outcomes.
Mexico Bariatric Center Costs
At Mexico Bariatric Center, we strive to offer the lowest costs available while still providing excellent patient care and support. We’ve partnered with great surgeons who have years of experience and the experience of thousands of surgeries under their belt. Moreover, our affordable packages include everything, except airfare. We include:
- Hospital & Hotel stay
- Pre & Post-Op Medication
- Surgeon Fees
- Hospital Fees
- Surgery & Anesthesia
- Ground Transportation
Mexico Bariatric Center has several payment options to cover the gastric sleeve surgery costs that include credit cards, money orders, and financing. MBC also offers Medical Tourism Insurance* through a third party company so that you can get coverage against unforeseen situations at a nominal cost.
* Medical Tourism Insurance is provided by 3rd Party Company and requires additional payment.
Benefits of Mexico Gastric Sleeve w/ Mexico Bariatric Center
- Mexico Bariatric Center gives our Patients Access to Our Nutritionist
- Mexico Bariatric Center has a surgeon liaison on U.S. staff
- Impeccable Pre-Op and Post-Op Care
- Support Groups and Support Forums
- All-Inclusive Pricing w/ Financing Available
- Low Wait Time – It takes no more than 10 minutes to fill out an online application and get approved within 24 to 48 hours
- Better Outcome – MBC team of certified bariatric surgeons have over 10 years and 10,000 surgeries, collectively
- All Weight Loss Surgery Options Available to You
- Low Complication Rates – MBC bariatric surgeons have extremely complications (1 / 10 of the United States)
- Save Money – MBC packages are fraction of the cost of surgery in U.S. and Canada
- Take a Short Vacation
All-Inclusive MBC Bariatric Packages (not including airfares)
– Private Ground Transportation (Inbound, In-Town, Outbound)
– Hospital Stay – 1 Night (Balloon), 2 Nights (sleeve), 3 Nights (Bypass)
– Pre-Operative Tests (EKG & Blood Test)
– Hotel Stay 4-Star, 2 Nights (Not Recovery House)
– Post-Operative Standard Medications Including Discharge Medication
– Follow-up Aftercare
– Post-Operative Test (3 Leak Tests & Drain)
– Surgeon Liaison
– Certified Dedicated Full Service Bariatric Hospital With ICU
– Nutritionist Consultation (Pre-Op)
– Skilled & Experienced & Certified & Dedicated Bariatric Surgeons
– Nutritionist Consultation (Post-Op)
– Team of 4 Surgeons (Total over 10 years, over 10,000 surgeries)
– Companion at no Charge
– Limited Number of Surgeries per Surgeon per Day (3 Surgeries)
– Tour of Tijuana
– Close to Zero Complication Rate (<0.5%)
– U.S. (California) Corporation
– Procedures Performed: Sleeve, Bypass, Mini Bypass, DS, Balloon, SILS, Any Revision
– Leading Edge Brand Named Medical Instrumentation and Equipment
– Medical Tourism Association Member & Certification
– Globally Award-Winning Patient Coordinators
– 10+ Years in Medical Tourism
– Personalized Care with Assigned Patient Coordinator & Doctor
To learn your exact price, contact us for a quick and easy quote on gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. Our quotes are no obligation and require no costs! We are here to help guide you on your journey to discover a newer you.
Understand All the Fees Included in Gastric Sleeve Surgery Costs
The costs of gastric sleeve surgery with Mexico Bariatric Center are straightforward, without hidden costs. It is important to note that bariatric surgeons typically have higher costs with individuals which that greater than usual BMIs (usually 49 BMI or higher). Also, patients who have hernias are charged another fee.
Benefits of Gastric Sleeve vs. Other Bariatric Surgeries:
In understanding all the fees associated with gastric sleeve it is also important to compare them to other bariatric surgeries:
- The gastric does not have as many doctor visits required as gastric banding, thus reducing the doctor visit costs.
- Gastric sleeve is a less invasive procedure than gastric bypass, ergo less operating time required.
- Typically lower cost than gastric bypass surgery, duodenal switch, and gastric banding.
Full Costs of Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Many neglect the fact that with sleeve gastrectomy surgery, there are certain lifestyle costs that are required. It is important to understand that role that postoperative diet and the necessary post-surgery exercise plays into your costs. Many people, for example, can do without a $50 gym membership – but many feel it is necessary to accelerate weight loss. Other required costs include a vitamin supplement regimen to be started post-operatively.
Other expenses associated with gastric sleeve surgery costs typically include new wardrobe costs, gym membership, new dietary habits (avoidance of typical fast food), and possibly nutritional consultation. Mexico Bariatric Center is one of the leading companies offering affordable bariatric services, contact us immediately to get an on-the-phone price quote.
Cost of Other Surgeries:
Guide to Gastric Sleeve Surgery:
- Complications, Risks to Gastric Sleeve
- Side Effects of Gastric Sleeve
- Pre-Operative Diet
- Post-Operative Diet
- Post-Operative Guide of Gastric Sleeve
- Gastric Sleeve Recovery
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery without Insurance ( Guide to Self-Pay )