Gastric Sleeve Surgery Costs
Are curious about how the gastric sleeve surgery costs with Mexico Bariatric Center compares to prices in other countries?
Here is an overview of how our pricing for gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana, Mexico in comparison to other countries.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery (sleeve gastrectomy) has become the most popular and preferred choice for patients. This procedure produces excellent results without rerouting the intestine and with less risk and complications.
Gastric sleeve surgery costs range from $4,195 to $25,000 per surgery based on the geographical location.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Cost in the United States & Canada
In the United States, most individuals report an average cost of $16,000 to $18,000 per sleeve surgery. These are the costs you can expect to self-pay (without insurance), although even with coverage, costs associated with co-pays and deductibles can still be more expensive than Mexico.
For Canadians, the gastric sleeve surgery is covered by their national health care system. However, the wait lists are long and can be years depending on the province. Canadians pay an average of $19,000 when they use “self-pay” surgeons.
Gastric Sleeve Cost Comparison
Mexico Bariatric Center
Starting at $4,195
Gastric Sleeve Costs in Mexico
Medical tourism to Mexico for bariatric surgery, like the gastric sleeve, has grown by leaps and bounds. Patients travel to other cities and countries to seek more affordable healthcare options. Hospitals, facilities, and specialists in countries like Mexico offer excellent healthcare alternatives at affordable prices!
At Mexico Bariatric Center, we offer Gastric Sleeve Surgery starting at $4,195. The price reflects some of the best certified bariatric surgeons in Mexico all a part of an all-inclusive package.
In Mexico, the cost of the gastric sleeve surgery is typically one-third of the price you may expect to pay in the United States and Canada. In Mexico, costs for vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) can range from $5,000 to $11,000, with the average price at $8,000.
The stigma attached to traveling to Mexico for medical care is often perceived negatively, and often times “taboo”. However, the safety standards and surgical expertise in Mexico is increasing, especially as a bariatric surgery provider. Mexico Bariatric Center offers the best quality gastric sleeve surgery at the most affordable prices. Medical tourists can save thousands on obesity surgery and still get the necessary surgery outcomes.
Regardless of the cost, undergoing gastric sleeve has benefits of improved health and well-being, and will pay for itself in a short time. Studies have shown the cost-effectiveness of bariatric surgery, like the gastric sleeve, on the Quality-Adjusted-Life-Year (QALY). The patient will recover the expenses in about 2 to 4 years if done in the United States/Canada, and about a year if done in Mexico at much more affordable prices.
Mexico Bariatric Center’s Cost of Gastric Sleeve
At Mexico Bariatric Center, we strive to offer the lowest costs available while still providing excellent patient care, quality expertise, top safety standards, and before/after support.
Our Package for Gastric Sleeve Surgery Includes
- Hospital & Hotel stay
- Pre & Post-Op Medication
- Surgeon Fees
- Hospital Fees
- Surgery & Anesthesia
- Ground Transportation
Payment Options for Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Mexico
Mexico Bariatric Center has several payment options to cover the gastric sleeve surgery costs that include credit cards, money orders, and financing. MBC also offers Medical Tourism Insurance* through a third party company so that you can get coverage against unforeseen situations at a nominal cost.
* Medical Tourism Insurance is provided by 3rd Party Company and requires additional payment.
Benefits of Mexico Gastric Sleeve w/ Mexico Bariatric Center
- Mexico Bariatric Center gives our patients access to our Nutritionist
- Mexico Bariatric Center has a surgeon liaison on U.S. staff
- Impeccable Pre-Op and Post-Op Care
- Support Groups and Support Forums
- All-Inclusive Pricing w/ Financing Available
- Low Wait Time – It takes no more than 10 minutes to fill out an online application and get approved within 24 to 48 hours
- Better Outcome – MBC team of certified bariatric surgeons have over 10 years and 10,000 surgeries, collectively
- All Weight Loss Surgery Options Available to You
- Low Complication Rates – MBC bariatric surgeons have extremely complications (1 / 10 of the United States)
- Save Money – MBC packages are a fraction of the cost of surgery in U.S. and Canada
- Take a Short Vacation
All-Inclusive MBC Bariatric Packages (Not Including Airfares)
- Private Ground Transportation (Inbound, In-Town, Outbound)
- Hospital Stay – 1 Night (Balloon), 2 Nights (sleeve), 3 Nights (Bypass)
- Pre-Operative Tests (EKG & Blood Test)
- Hotel Stay 4-Star, 2 Nights (Not Recovery House)
- Post-Operative Standard Medications Including Discharge Medication
- Follow-up Aftercare
- Post-Operative Test (3 Leak Tests & Drain)
- Surgeon Liaison
- Certified Dedicated Full Service Bariatric Hospital With ICU
- Nutritionist Consultation (Pre-Op)
- Skilled & Experienced & Certified & Dedicated Bariatric Surgeons
- Nutritionist Consultation (Post-Op)
- Team of 4 Surgeons (Total over 10 years, over 10,000 surgeries)
- Companion at no Charge
- Limited Number of Surgeries per Surgeon per Day (3 Surgeries)
- Tour of Tijuana
- Close to Zero Complication Rate (<0.5%)
- U.S. (California) Corporation
- Procedures Performed: Sleeve, Bypass, Mini Bypass, DS, Balloon, SILS, Any Revision
- Leading Edge Brand Named Medical Instrumentation and Equipment
- Medical Tourism Association Member & Certification
- Globally Award-Winning Patient Coordinators
- 10+ Years in Medical Tourism
- Personalized Care with Assigned Patient Coordinator & Doctor
To learn your exact price, contact us for a quick and easy quote on gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. Our quotes are no obligation and require no costs! We are here to help guide you on your journey to discover a newer you.
Understand All the Fees Included in the Cost of Gastric Sleeve Surgery
The costs of gastric sleeve surgery with Mexico Bariatric Center are straightforward, without hidden costs. It is important to note that bariatric surgeons typically have higher costs with individuals which that greater than usual BMIs (usually 49 BMI or higher). Also, patients who have hernias are charged another fee.
Benefits of Gastric Sleeve vs Other Bariatric Surgeries:
In understanding all the fees associated with gastric sleeve it is also important to compare them to other bariatric surgeries:
- The gastric does not have as many doctor visits required as gastric banding, thus reducing the doctor visit costs.
- Gastric sleeve is a less invasive procedure than gastric bypass, ergo less operating time required.
- Typically lower cost than gastric bypass surgery, duodenal switch, and gastric banding.
Complete Costs of Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Many neglect the fact that with sleeve gastrectomy surgery, there are certain lifestyle costs that are required. It is important to understand that role that postoperative diet and the necessary post-surgery exercise plays into your costs. Many people, for example, can do without a $50 gym membership – but many feel it is necessary to accelerate weight loss. Other required costs include a vitamin supplement regimen to be started post-operatively.
Other expenses associated with gastric sleeve surgery costs typically include new wardrobe costs, gym membership, new dietary habits (avoidance of typical fast food), and possibly nutritional consultation. Mexico Bariatric Center is one of the leading companies offering affordable bariatric services, contact us immediately to get an over-the-phone price quote or fill out a Health Questionnaire to get started!
Cost of Other Surgeries:
Guide to Gastric Sleeve Surgery:
- Complications, Risks to Gastric Sleeve
- Side Effects of Gastric Sleeve
- Pre-Operative Diet
- Post-Operative Diet
- Post-Operative Guide of Gastric Sleeve
- Gastric Sleeve Recovery
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery without Insurance ( Guide to Self-Pay )
For additional questions please don’t hesitate to contact us using the below contact form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.