Gastric Sleeve Surgery Costs
Are you curious about how much the gastric sleeve surgery costs not just in Mexico, but also around the world?
The cost of gastric sleeve can vary drastically – primarily based on 3 factors [What are you looking for?]
- Where the Surgery is Performed
- If Insurance covers it
- Financing or Cash Pay
First off, Gastric Sleeve Surgery (sleeve gastrectomy) has become the most popular and preferred choice for patients who seek a long-term tool to counter morbid obesity. This procedure produces excellent weight loss results as being a strictly “restrictive” procedure – meaning there is no rerouting of the intestines which makes it less risky.
The price of gastric sleeve surgery ranges anywhere from as low as $4,695 to $25,000 based on the geographical location.
- Financing & Payment Options for Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico
- How to Pay for Bariatric Surgery Without Insurance
So let’s start with the area of the procedure.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Cost Comparison
In the United States, most individuals report an average cost of $16,000 to $18,000 per sleeve surgery. These are the costs you can expect to self-pay (without insurance), although even with coverage, costs associated with co-pays and deductibles can still be more expensive than Mexico.
For Canadians, the gastric sleeve surgery is covered by their national health care system. However, the wait lists are long and can be years depending on the province. Canadians pay an average of $19,000 when they use “self-pay” surgeons.
Gastric Sleeve Cost with Insurance Coverage
First things first – you need to check with your insurance provider if they cover gastric sleeve surgery on your plan and what are the requirements to get coverage.
Costs with insurance can range from little to no out of pocket money all the way up to $15,000+. The insurance process is typically time-consuming and drawn out over the course of 6 months to 2 years.
If it is not covered, you should still ask if any of the costs incurred from gastric sleeve surgery is payable by the insurance provider. Sometimes they won’t pay for the surgery but they may pay for different parts of the procedure.
Gastric Sleeve Costs in Mexico
Here is an overview on how the pricing for gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana, Mexico compares to the United States, Canada, and other parts of the world.
Medical tourism to Mexico for low-cost gastric sleeve surgery has grown exponentially over the years. This growing trend makes patients travel to other cities and countries to seek more affordable healthcare options. Hospitals, facilities, and specializes in countries like Mexico offer excellent healthcare alternatives at affordable prices!
At Mexico Bariatric Center, we offer Gastric Sleeve Surgery starting at $4,695. The price reflects some of the best certified bariatric surgeons in Mexico all a part of an all-inclusive package.
In Mexico, the cost of the gastric sleeve surgery is typically one-third of the price you may expect to pay in the United States and Canada. In Mexico, costs for vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) can range from $5,000 to $11,000, with the average price at $8,000.
Is Mexico Safe for Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
The stigma attached to traveling to Mexico for medical care is often perceived negatively, and even called “taboo”. However, the safety standards and surgical expertise in Mexico is increasing, especially as a bariatric surgery provider. Mexico Bariatric Center offers the best quality gastric sleeve surgery at the most affordable prices. Medical tourists can save thousands on obesity surgery and still get the necessary surgery outcomes while having a comparable experience to the United States.
Regardless of the cost, undergoing gastric sleeve has benefits of improved health and well-being, and will pay for itself in a short time. Studies have shown the cost-effectiveness of bariatric surgery on the Quality-Adjusted-Life-Year (QALY). The patient will recover the expenses in about 2 to 4 years if done in the United States/Canada, and about a year if done in Mexico at much more affordable prices.
Mexico Bariatric Center’s Cost of Gastric Sleeve
At Mexico Bariatric Center, we strive to offer the lowest costs available while still providing excellent patient care, quality expertise, top safety standards, and before/after support.
Payment Options for Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Mexico
Mexico Bariatric Center has several payment options to cover the gastric sleeve surgery costs that include credit cards, money orders, and financing. MBC also offers Medical Tourism Insurance* through a third party company so that you can get coverage against unforeseen situations at a nominal cost.
* Medical Tourism Insurance is provided by 3rd Party Company and requires additional payment.
Why is Mexico so Much Cheaper?
- Small surgeon and staff fee in Tijuana
- High volume discounts for hospital facilities
- Small malpractice insurance costs
- Less administrative and paperwork
Benefits of Mexico Gastric Sleeve w/ Mexico Bariatric Center
- Mexico Bariatric Center gives our patients access to our Nutritionist
- Mexico Bariatric Center has a surgeon liaison on U.S. staff
- Impeccable Pre-Op and Post-Op Care
- Support Groups and Support Forums
- All-Inclusive Pricing w/ Financing Available
- Low Wait Time – It takes no more than 10 minutes to fill out an online application and get approved within 24 to 48 hours
- Better Outcome – MBC team of certified bariatric surgeons have over 10 years and 10,000 surgeries, collectively
- All Weight Loss Surgery Options Available to You
- Low Complication Rates – MBC bariatric surgeons have extremely complications (1 / 10 of the United States)
- Save Money – MBC packages are a fraction of the cost of surgery in U.S. and Canada
- Take a Short Vacation
All-Inclusive MBC Bariatric Packages (Not Including Airfares)
- Private Ground Transportation (Inbound, In-Town, Outbound)
- Hospital Stay – 1 Night (Balloon), 2 Nights (sleeve), 3 Nights (Bypass)
- Pre-Operative Tests (EKG & Blood Test)
- Hotel Stay 4-Star, 2 Nights (Not Recovery House)
- Post-Operative Standard Medications Including Discharge Medication
- Follow-up Aftercare
- Post-Operative Test (3 Leak Tests & Drain)
- Surgeon Liaison
- Certified Dedicated Full Service Bariatric Hospital With ICU
- Nutritionist Consultation (Pre-Op)
- Skilled & Experienced & Certified & Dedicated Bariatric Surgeons
- Nutritionist Consultation (Post-Op)
- Team of 4 Surgeons (Total over 10 years, over 10,000 surgeries)
- Companion at no Charge
- Limited Number of Surgeries per Surgeon per Day (3 Surgeries)
- Tour of Tijuana
- Close to Zero Complication Rate (<0.5%)
- U.S. (California) Corporation
- Procedures Performed: Sleeve, Bypass, Mini Bypass, DS, Balloon, SILS, Any Revision
- Leading Edge Brand Named Medical Instrumentation and Equipment
- Medical Tourism Association Member & Certification
- Globally Award-Winning Patient Coordinators
- 10+ Years in Medical Tourism
- Personalized Care with Assigned Patient Coordinator & Doctor
To learn your exact price, contact us for a quick and easy quote on gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. Our quotes are no obligation and require no costs! We are here to help guide you on your journey to discover a newer you.
Understand All the Fees Included in the Cost of Gastric Sleeve Surgery
The costs of gastric sleeve surgery with Mexico Bariatric Center are straightforward, without hidden costs. It is important to note that bariatric surgeons typically have higher costs with individuals which that greater than usual BMIs (usually 49 BMI or higher). Also, patients who have hernias are charged another fee.
Benefits of Gastric Sleeve vs Other Bariatric Surgeries:
In understanding all the fees associated with gastric sleeve it is also important to compare them to other bariatric surgeries:
- The gastric does not have as many doctor visits required as gastric banding, thus reducing the doctor visit costs.
- Gastric sleeve is a less invasive procedure than gastric bypass, ergo less operating time required.
- Typically lower cost than gastric bypass surgery, duodenal switch, and gastric banding.
Cost of Other Surgeries:
Guide to Gastric Sleeve Surgery:
- Complications, Risks to Gastric Sleeve
- Side Effects of Gastric Sleeve
- Pre-Operative Diet
- Post-Operative Diet
- Gastric Sleeve Recovery
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery without Insurance ( Guide to Self-Pay )
For additional questions please don’t hesitate to contact us using the below contact form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.