Include These Foods in Your Diet!
Yes, it’s true; certain foods can help you to lose weight faster. This is because they contribute to curbing cravings as they keep you feeling full longer. Some of these foods even boost your metabolism.
- Soup: Start your meal with a cup of soup and you may eat less. Keep the soup at 100-150 calories a serving (at the most). Choose broth-based soups for the best choice.
- Beans: These are an excellent source of protein and high in fiber. This makes you feel full longer. They also are versatile, can be added to different types of meals and stop you from overeating later in the day.
- Pureed Vegetables: Add more vegetables to your meal plan and enjoy your cheat foods too. Add pureed zucchini or cauliflower to mac and cheese or other meals to bulk up the dish, so you eat less at one serving.
- Dark Chocolate: Never eliminate something entirely from your diet. This means to indulge in small portions of things you enjoy. According to WEB MD, those that ate dark chocolate were more likely to eat 15% less pizza a few hours later than those who had milk chocolate. It’s time to make that switch!
- Nuts: Take a small handful of peanuts, walnuts, almonds or pecans. They keep you feeling full, are full of healthy fats and are full of fiber.
- Eggs and Sausage: A high-protein breakfast jumpstarts the metabolism and leads to increased fat burning. Start the day with 35 grams of protein and you will feel full longer and will snack less throughout that day.
- Apples: Apples are full of fiber and take a while to eat. The chewing sends signals to one’s brain that you’ve eaten a lot when you haven’t. This keeps you feeling fuller after snacking on one.
- Yogurt: Whether you choose traditional or Greek, yogurt is good for fat burning. It helps to promote good digestion, which leads to increase in weight loss.
- Hummus and Vegetables: This easy, protein-rich snack helps to balance blood sugar levels and to fight hunger throughout the day. It boosts energy because of its iron content.
- Raw Almonds and Almond Butter: Almonds are excellent quality nuts that are full of vitamin E. They’re also full of Vitamin B2 and magnesium, which helps keep stress at bay. This is a major contributor to weight gain and obesity. The B2 contributes to keeping energy levels even throughout the day after consumption.
- Chia Seeds: These seeds are full of omega-3 fatty acids, iron, and calcium, which is great for weight loss. They help to absorb sugar in the body and to stabilize blood sugar levels. Because of their high fiber content, they promote healthy digestion. Add them to unsweetened almond milk or oatmeal daily.
- Quinoa: This is a gluten-free grain option that can be eaten plain or thrown into meals throughout the day. Add shredded coconut or almonds to it with fruit for breakfast or in a salad for added bulk. It is a complete protein source that has stress-busting B vitamins that lead to increased weight loss.
- Salsa: This low-cal condiment after bariatric surgery is a great way to stay full throughout the day. Eat them with pita chips, gluten-free crackers or vegetables. Create your healthy nacho dip with hummus on the bottom of a dip layered with a salad topped with lettuce or olives.