Medical Tourism Insurance
Medical Tourism Insurance (MTI) is designed to provide benefits and services so you and your family can feel protected. Mexico Bariatric Center® offers MTI for patients with peace of mind through Global Protective Solutions (GPS). Global Protective Solutions is a specialized company providing insurance for patients who are undergoing Medical Tourism procedures, like gastric sleeve and RNY gastric bypass.
MTI customized package is available to MBC patients at deeply discounted rates. Please ask your coordinator for details.
Here are coverage highlights:
- Coverage for Complications – The policy includes coverage for complications resulting from the medical procedure up to 45 days beyond the operation date.
- Purchase Options – For MBC patients, the coverage can be obtained as a low-cost add-on to the all-inclusive package. Once you signup, you will be connected to a GPS agent. You can also “Request a Quote” through www.globalprotectivesolutions.com.
- Travel Companion Coverage – The policy can include coverage for travel companions. It provides travel accident benefits to those who are accompanying the insured patient.
- Coverage Objective – GPS offers specialty travel insurance to help with the “deep pocket” expenses resulting from a complication of a medical procedure.
Regular travel insurance does not cover costs related to having elective surgery but should still be considered for other events such as personal liability, lost baggage, delays, etc.
What Does Medical Tourism Insurance Cover?
Benefits can be tailored to suit each individual’s needs and can include the following:
- Principal Sum Limits up to $25,000
- Travel Companion coverage available
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Medical Expenses
- Additional Medical or Surgical Treatment Benefits
- Other Expenses for Travel, Meals, and Accommodations
- Family Coordination
- Emergency Evacuation
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains
- Residence Modification
Why is Medical Tourism Insurance Special?
Medical tourism is growing as a last resort for patients without insurance or sufficient coverage. Locations like Tijuana offer low-cost, high-quality healthcare for destination patients from the U.S., Canada, Australia, and other parts of the world.
With life-altering bariatric and plastic surgery, MTI is a backup plan to reduce the risk and liability for individuals going beyond borders.
If things like these happen (ex., Cancellation of the trip or medical complication), the insurance can recover costs and avoid unnecessary expenses.
Who Should Buy Medical Tourism Coverage?
Travel insurance can be a wise investment for patients who can’t afford to lose money, need protection against unforeseen circumstances, have dependent family members, or don’t want to take chances with their well-being.
Especially since MBC has negotiated the package price so affordably, we made it cost-efficient for all patients interested in coverage.
- You are getting medical treatment in another country
- Additional expenses due to trip cancellation
- Additional cost for medical complications
- Any unexpected cost
The Average Travel Insurance Cost
Depending on the coverage plan and the length of the term, MTI insurance can vary between $200 to $500. Patients typically believe the peace of mind it brings is well worth the price.
Factors that affect the cost include;
- Choice of medical complication benefit
- Age of the travelers
- Number of travelers
- Length of travel
- Type of coverage
- Pre-paid medical treatment expenses
- Total trip costs
Medical tourism cost on average;
- Maximum medical complication payout: $25,000 – $100,000
- Additional Medical or Surgical Treatment: $2,500 – $5,000
- Total trip costs: $2,000 – $8,000
Where Should You Buy This Insurance?
When it comes to medical travel insurance, only a few companies offer this unique service. GPS is the largest provider of direct coverage options based in the United States. Make sure you compare plans that best fit your needs and budget. Buying the MTI plan MBC presents is an excellent opportunity to have that extra assurance you deserve.
TO APPLY, SIMPLY FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW:
Telephone: +1 (803) 799-1770 | Fax: +1 (803) 799-1817
MBC’s CEO, Ron Elli talking with Tracy Simmons, president of GPS
Disclaimer: SOURCiS, Inc. (DBA: Mexico Bariatric Center) is not in any financial or business partnership with Global Protective Solutions (GPS). Our role as Medical Tourism Agents is to refer our clients to GPS in good faith for purchasing insurance coverage only. We cannot be held liable for any issues resulting from an insurance policy purchased from GPS. Any matter should be directed to GPS and dealt with solely by them.