Obesity Treatment Procedures in Mexico
Mexico Bariatric Center® (MBC) understands the life-threatening obesity disease that is becoming a global epidemic. Overweight and obese individuals are suffering from obesity-related health issues, such as hypertension, diabetes type 2, cardiovascular conditions, and underlying medical conditions for viruses like COIVD-19.
If you are not losing weight with diet, exercise, and pharmaceuticals, you can cure obesity with bariatrics.
Mexico Bariatric Center works with major accredited hospital facilitates specialized in bariatrics and best bariatric surgeons in Mexico with double board-certifications and FACS to provide affordable and reliable medical tourism services for uninsured and underinsured. MBC offers all type of surgical and non-surgical treatments for obesity:
- Surgical Options – Lap-Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy, Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, Mini Gastric Bypass, Duodenal Switch, Revisional & Reversal Surgeries
- Non-surgical Therapy – Gastric Balloon
Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy (LSG) is a rather simple procedure that removes up to 85% of the stomach. This procedure uses restriction as to the main component of weight loss. The patient expects to feel drastically less hungry throughout the day.
- According to an NCBI study, the average excess weight loss was 82% within the first year.
- Short recovery time – back at work within 1-2 weeks or less.
- Stomach size significantly reduced, less hunger.
RNY Gastric Bypass forms a new, small stomach pouch while keeping the stomach in place. A portion of the small intestines are bypassed which causes fewer calories to be absorbed into the body.
- Average 73% excess weight loss within first year.
- Likely to improve diabetes, high blood pressure, & sleep apnea.
- New stomach formed and anatomy altered.
Bilio-pancreatic diversion with duodenal switch (BPD/DS) removes a large portion of the stomach, leaving behind a sleeve-shaped stomach. This smaller stomach is “switched” within the small intestines to the last 40% of the intestines limiting absorption of calories.
- Highest expected weight loss, up to 80% excess weight loss in first year.
- Highest reduction of obesity-related health problems.
- Strict vitamin schedule required for life.
Gastric Balloon is a non-surgical procedure that places a balloon in the stomach. It is inflated and stays in the stomach from 6 to 12 months. The gastric balloon helps patients lose on average 20 to 40+ pounds.
- The balloon is inserted orally into your stomach in a fast and efficient manner.
- Mild procedure that many can go home the same day.
- Lose 20 to 40 pounds on average.
Mexico Bariatric Center works with surgeons the have expertise to revise outdated, unsuccessful or botched previous bariatric surgeries, such as Lap Band®, Gastric Sleeve, RNY Gastric Bypass, VBG, and more.
- Gastric sleeve revisional surgery.
- Revise or reverse failed Gastric Bypass procedures.
- Easily revise Lap-Band to gastric sleeve or bypass.
Types of Bariatric Surgeries We Offer;
Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Single Incision Gastric Sleeve
RNY Gastric Bypass Surgery
Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery
Duodenal Switch Surgery
Single Anastomosis DS
Bariatric Revision Surgery
Gastric Banding (Lap Band)
Want more information?
Mexico Bariatric Center also offers:
- Hiatal Hernia Repair
- Para-Esophageal Hernia (PEH) Repair
- Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Plastic Surgery in Mexico
Since we’ve started, we’ve always maintained on the cutting edge of the weight loss industry.
It’s been our mission to guide you through this process with ease. We can help you as we have helped hundreds get their life back. Just get started by contacting us today!
Bariatric Surgery Statistics for Obesity Treatment
"Cut Gut" operation has grown substantially as a fast and long-term treatment option for obesity. In fact, the total number of procedures performed in 2018 is estimated at 252,000. With numbers at an all-time high, it is a proven weight loss tool that will continue to fight the obesity epidemic.
With the staggering number of operations every year, Mexico is becoming a prominent location for less expensive medical services. Roughly one million Americans cross the border every year for healthcare which includes weight loss surgery.
On average, patients can expect 40% to 70% savings on these treatments by crossing the border to Mexico. As the figures grow in regards to people traveling to Mexico for affordable treatment options, the quality of patient care, surgical standards, and certified surgeons are in demand.
Popularity of Weight Loss Procedures
The Lap Band is known to have long-term complications, noting the decrease since 2018. More and more patients are choosing the sleeve gastrectomy because it's substantial weight loss, low complication rate, and ability for revision surgery.
Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy is considered a primary bariatric procedure and is increasingly being offered worldwide - estimated at about 61.4% of all weight loss surgeries performed. Unlike some other weight loss procedures such as gastric balloon or lap band, the gastric sleeve is not reversible.
This makes it a lifelong commitment and diet to give the best chance of long-term success. The gastric sleeve surgery is performed laparoscopically with a few day hospital stay and a recovery time of typically 2-3 weeks.
If you have had problems losing weight in the past and ready to make a change, get started by filling out the Health Questionnaire.