Am I Eligible for Gastric Bypass Surgery?
To be considered a good candidate for any gastric bypass surgery most patients will need to meet the following requirements:
- Be between the age of 18 to 62.
- Need to have tried losing weight with typical tactics without much success.
- Need to have realistic expectations regarding the result of the surgery.
- Need a BMI of more than 30 or with comorbidities.
Gastric bypass is better suited for patients with severe acid reflux and GERD. However, if you have ulcer problem or taking Aspirin / Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) on a regular basis, gastric sleeve or duodenal switch are better options for you. There is no conventional routine to detect ulcer in the "stoma" or so-called "blind" stomach.
Not all of the requirements listed are set in stone. Our surgeons review each patient on their own to see if they could practical benefit from weight loss surgery. Learn more by contacting our staff now.
Non-Scale Victories of Gastric Bypass Patients
Non-Scale Victories, or NSV’s, are a great way bypass recipients mark and remember their weight loss success. Gastric bypass patients who achieve their dreams, goals, and wishes are all under the category of non-scale victories that deserve to be celebrated and shared.
- I joined a gym 2 weeks ago and only missed 1 day!!! Today I went to a fitness class and was able to do the entire one hour class.
- I am able to travel now since gastric sleeve surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. I can now "walk, walk, walk" in another country. I am so excited!
- I bought a pair of 2" heels and wore them for the first time in over 5 years. My legs don't hurt and my knees feel great. I was worried it would cause pain, but it didn't all day. Huge victory!
- I am not the largest person in the photo anymore! Now I don't have to always hide or be scared of how I look in pictures. I look great and feel great!
- My wife and I went from always needing to sleep in a king size bed. Now we can share a queen size bed comfortably! This is huge for us!
- I went on a 3-mile hike in the snow today. It is so nice to be able to enjoy life again and be active. I don't have to worry anymore. I am loving life again and feel so blessed!
MBC Gastric Bypass Results Timeline
Mexico Bariatric Center has done a survey of a limited number of patients undergoing gastric bypass surgery in Mexico. Our findings at Mexico Bariatric Center is shown in the retrospective chart review below:
Average Expected Excess Weight Loss (%EWL)
Mexico Gastric Bypass Surgery: Best Reviews
Most reviews for gastric bypass in Mexico point to us. Our dedication to after-care and patient success has made us the top medical tourism company operating in Tijuana.
Benefits of Mexico Bariatric Center
- We offer complete aftercare support, including bariatric support groups and gastric bypass forums.
- We continually focus on patient safety and care, operating one of the safest bariatric surgery centers in Mexico
- Provider of one of the lowest costs for gastric bypass in Mexico
Mexico Bariatric Center currently offers gastric bypass performed by the best gastric bypass surgeons in Mexico, at our high-volume hospital in Tijuana, Mexico. Even though there are medical tourism companies offering gastric bypass in Mexico, undergoing surgery in Tijuana (compared with Cancun, Monterrey, Mexicali, Puerto Vallarta or Guadalajara) has significant benefits.
Gastric Bypass Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico
- Typically, the most affordable pricing for Gastric Bypass Surgery is in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Best bariatric surgeons in Mexico - because of Medical Tourism Demand.
- Typically cheapest option to Travel by airfare from the US and Canada.
- Close to the United States border, in the case of complication or problem.
Is Tijuana, Mexico Safe for Gastric Bypass Surgery?
Fear of getting weight loss surgery in Mexico can be real if you are dealing with out-dated hospitals and inexperienced surgeons. Safe gastric bypass surgery in Mexico is something we keep an eye on and remains our mission for patients at Mexico Bariatric Center. We use a closed network of drivers to ensure patient safety at all times.
We pride ourselves on providing a qualified and certified company where patients can feel relaxed and safe when they travel abroad for gastric bypass surgery.
Gastric Bypass Complications in Mexico
Our focus and mission are on providing the highest patient care and outcomes - we do this by adhering to evidence-based surgical techniques and operations. Our internal data has seen very positive, showing that their expected weight loss meets or exceeds US national averages.
Costs of Gastric Bypass in Mexico
Mexico Bariatric Center offers an all-inclusive, affordable package - which includes everything a patient needs pre and post surgery. Gastric Bypass in Mexico costs is typically higher than other surgeries, such as gastric sleeve or gastric banding [See Our Current Prices Now].
Even in the most discount avenues, gastric bypass surgery in the United States and Canada can cost between $18,000 and up. In Mexico, our top-rated bariatric surgeons charge up to 1/3 less. Contact our helpful staff to see if you’re a qualified candidate and see a personalized quote.
Gastric Bypass Costs
It's important to understand all of the costs of the bypass surgery before you decide on which surgery to undergo read more...
Gastric Bypass Complications, Risks
Know all of the risks and complications of undergoing gastric bypass read more...
Gastric Bypass Side Effects
Most patients undergoing gastric bypass will encounter these side effects after surgery read more...
Gastric Bypass Pre Operative Diet
Learn about the diet involved before you undergo the surgery read more...
Gastric Bypass Post Operative Diet
Your diet will impact your weight loss after gastric bypass surgery and is paramount to reducing side effects, and risks read more...
Gastric Bypass Post Operative Guidelines
Learn more about exercises and basic guidelines after you've undergone gastric bypass read more...
Gastric Bypass Recovery Guide
Learn more about the recovery process of gastric bypass surgery and how to safely lose weight and become healthy read more...
* Prices are subject to change. Not valid on blackout dates. Prices depend on the surgeon, surgery, additional fees, and schedule. Prices may rise because of BMI level and previous abdominal surgeries.
** All of the testimonials are covered in our disclaimers. Individuals results will vary; there is no guarantee stated nor implied.
Last Updated: Feb 4, 2018, by Ron Elli, Ph.D.