Weight loss surgery has many positive effects on people. There are so many health benefits, like remission of diabetes type 2. Patients will also have more energy, be more mobile, and enjoy an active life. Bariatric surgery may also improve their mood and self-confidence.
Changes in life can cause stress and emotional problems. There needs to be an adjustment to their lifestyle, including proper diet and exercise. If the patient used to do stress eating and had an unhealthy relationship with food prior to surgery, they may turn into gambling, drinking, shopping, and smoking problems afterward.
The support after weight loss surgery, such as family & friends and support groups, is extremely important. The patient needs to find ways to cope with stress and strong feelings as well as food addiction.
Support Resources and Programs
Mexico Bariatric Center understands the challenges associated with bariatric surgery. We have various ways to support patients after bariatrics, such as post-op nutrition support, post-op webinars, after-care support with our surgeon liaison, and closed Facebook support group.
Once you book your surgery and pay your deposit, you are able to join our private Mexico Bariatric Center Support page. For direct support from past patients and staff, join our Facebook group.
Facebook Online Community Support Group Makes all the Difference in the World!
Specialized Bariatric Vitamins
It is safe to say that bariatric vitamins are an essential aspect of post-op health and long-term success. We developed a specialized line of vitamins for our patients, known as Emerge Bariatrics.
Want to meet our surgeons before making the decision to choose Mexico Bariatric Center. We have FREE monthly webinars that not only introduce the founder Ron Elli, Ph.D., but also features the best bariatric surgeons in Mexico! You can ask questions that are answered live to learn about the process and what to expect. Participants will also be entered into a drawing for $2,000 OFF* your surgery that is picked at the end of the webinar.
Webinars and live chats are the best ways to communicate with the current Coronavirus crisis. If you want to learn about how long you’ll need to be on the pre-op diet, join our next pre-op webinar. Hosted by our nutritionist, these webinars are very informative and helpful in preparing you for the weight loss journey ahead and building healthier habits.
Once you fill out a health questionnaire, you have exclusive access to our Facebook Group, Inside Mexico Bariatric Center. This support group is specifically designed as a platform for patients and non-patients to interact. This serves as a middle ground to our main support group if you’re on the fence to undergo weight loss surgery with Mexico Bariatric Center. Within Inside Mexico Bariatric Center, we have a Patient Mentor Program to build a relationship with one of our past patients.
Our package is focused completely on the needs of our patients. Everyone is unique, which is why our support extends with a very individualized care plan. Mexico Bariatric Center provides personalized pre-op dietary guidelines, hospital care, recovery, aftercare support, and post-op nutrition plan for every single patient.
Dedicated Patient Care Coordinator
Our amazing coordination team, some of which have undergone bariatric surgery themselves, will lead you throughout the whole journey supporting with every step of the way.
It is often that before and after weight loss surgery, you are on your own and completely lost. To prevent that, our package offers, not just care during the procedure, but a full-on pre-op guide as well as life-time post-op care.
Our nutritionist hosts a highly rated bariatric nutrition program a few times each year. This is exclusive to past patients and offers access to one-on-one support, private nutrition group, daily virtual check-ins, video feeds, and non-stop support during a 30-day hands-on approach to aftercare.
Private Facebook Support Group with Over 5,000 Past Patients
We have one of the most active support groups you can imagine. Completely immersive, caring, and truly supportive Facebook Group that beat any weight loss surgery forums. Once you join our support group after paying your surgery deposit, you will see exactly what we are talking about.
It is very important to have medical support around you right after the operation, as your organism is very vulnerable at that moment. We do have staff working 24/7 to be able to support in any situation.
New Facebook Page and Support Group Rules. Please Read!
1. Please do not post other medical tourism companies or surgeons in this Support Group. This group is sponsored and offered free by Mexico Bariatric Center. Please respect that. This group is a privilege, not a right.
2. No private messages promoting other companies or other surgeons. That means patient coordinators who are found private messaging our users will be banned instantly.
3. The forum language is English only! Please only post in other languages in PM.
4. Insulting and flaming or personal attacks against forum staff will be not tolerated.
5. Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
6. Please do not post inappropriate material, I think everyone understands what I mean by this. The policy goes that if you would not feel comfortable viewing it at work, or in front of children or parents, don’t post it!
7. Continued access is contingent on Mexico Bariatric Center’s sole decision as to what constitutes ‘supportive activity’ within the online community or communities.
8. Anybody making friends shouldn’t be posting on their personal pages unless they are given permission by that person.
9. Anybody not following the rules can be removed without further notice.
I think these rules are clear and easy to follow. These are only in place to ensure our community is a fun place to be, and a comfortable atmosphere for all.