Weight loss surgery has many positive effects on people. There are so many health benefits, like remission of type 2 diabetes. Patients will also have more energy, be more mobile, and enjoy an active life. Bariatric surgery helps improve people’s mood and self-confidence.
The support after weight loss surgery, such as family & friends and support groups, is extremely important. The patient needs to find ways to cope with stress and strong feelings, as well as food addiction.
Changes in life can cause stress and emotional issues. There needs to be an adjustment to their lifestyle, including proper diet and exercise. If the patient is used to stress eating and had an unhealthy relationship with food before surgery, they may become gambling, drinking, shopping, and smoking problems afterward.
Support Resources and Programs
Mexico Bariatric Center® understands the challenges associated with bariatric surgery. We have various ways to meet patients’ needs before and after the procedure, such as pre-op/post-op nutritional support, webinars, after-care support with our surgeon liaison, and a closed Facebook support group.
1. Facebook Support Group
We have one of the most active support groups with over 10,000 past patients. Completely immersive, caring, and truly supportive Facebook Group that beats any weight loss surgery forums. Once you book your surgery and pay your deposit, you can join our private Mexico Bariatric Center Support page. For direct support from past patients and our staff, take advantage of our Facebook group. Learn More
2. Specialized Bariatric Vitamins
It is safe to say that bariatric vitamins are essential to post-op health and long-term success. We developed a specialized line of vitamins for our patients, known as Emerge Bariatrics. Learn More
3. Monthly Live Webinars
Want to meet our surgeons before making the decision to choose MBC? We have FREE monthly webinars introducing the founder Ron Elli, Ph.D., and feature one the best bariatric surgeons in Mexico! You can ask questions that are answered live to learn about the process and what to expect. Participants will also be entered into a raffle for $2,000 OFF* the surgery package picked at the end of the webinar. Learn More
4. Pre-Op/Post-Op Webinars
Webinars and live chats are the best communication methods to avoid the Coronavirus crisis. If you want to learn how long you’ll need to be on the pre-op diet, join our next webinar. Hosted by our nutritionist, these webinars are very informative and helpful in preparing you for the weight loss trip to Mexico. It is all about building healthier habits and staying active. Learn More
5. Schedule a Meeting with Past Patient
Our affiliates, made of our past patients, are out there at every step of the process to accompany you in your journey. Mexico Bariatric Center has thousands of weight loss surgery success stories and dozens of past patients willing and eager to connect with you. Learn More
6. Patient Mentorship Program
Once you complete a health questionnaire, you can access our Facebook Group, Inside Mexico Bariatric Center. This support group is specifically designed as a platform for patients and non-patients to interact. This serves as a middle ground to our leading support group if you’re on the fence about undergoing weight loss surgery with Mexico Bariatric Center. Within Inside Mexico Bariatric Center, we have a Patient Mentor Program to build a relationship with one of our past patients. Learn More
7. Personalized Care Plan
Our package is focused completely on the needs of our patients. Everyone is unique, so our support extends with individualized care plans. Mexico Bariatric Center provides personalized pre-op dietary guidelines, hospital care, recovery, aftercare support, and post-op nutrition plan for every single patient. Learn More
8. Dedicated Patient Care Coordinator
Our amazing coordination team, some of which have undergone bariatric surgery themselves, will lead you throughout the whole journey supporting with every step of the way. Learn More
9. Pre-Op + Post-Op Nutrition Program
It is often that before and after weight loss surgery, you are on your own and completely lost. To prevent that, our package offers care during the procedure, a full-on pre-op guide, and lifetime post-op care. Learn More
10. Exclusive 30-Day Post-Op Bariatric Bootcamp
Our nutritionist hosts a highly-rated bariatric nutrition program a few times yearly. This is exclusive to past patients and offers access to one-on-one support, a private nutrition group, daily virtual check-ins, video feeds, and non-stop support during a 30-day hands-on approach to aftercare. Learn More
MBC offers a 24/7 surgical team and nursing staff (in Mexico). It is very important to have medical support around you right after the operation, as your organism is vulnerable. We do have staff working around the clock to be able to support you in any situation.
New Facebook Page and Support Group Rules. Please Read!
1. Please do not post other medical tourism companies or surgeons in this Support Group. This group is sponsored and offered free by Mexico Bariatric Center. Please respect that. This group is a privilege, not a right.
2. No private messages promoting other companies or other surgeons. That means patient coordinators who are found private messaging our users will be banned instantly.
3. The forum language is English only! Please only post in other languages in PM.
4. Insulting and flaming or personal attacks against forum staff will be not tolerated.
5. Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
6. Please do not post inappropriate material, I think everyone understands what I mean by this. The policy goes that if you would not feel comfortable viewing it at work, or in front of children or parents, don’t post it!
7. Continued access is contingent on Mexico Bariatric Center’s sole decision as to what constitutes ‘supportive activity’ within the online community or communities.
8. Anybody making friends shouldn’t be posting on their personal pages unless they are given permission by that person.
9. Anybody not following the rules can be removed without further notice.
I think these rules are clear and easy to follow. These are only in place to ensure our community is a fun place to be, and a comfortable atmosphere for all.
Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mexicobariatriccenter/