Traveling to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta has long been a tourist destination in Mexico. Since the 1950s, Americans and Canadians would spend their vacations on the pristine beaches of Puerto Vallarta, soaking up the sun and enjoying the tasty food that Puerto Vallarta has to offer. Up until recently, Puerto Vallarta is quickly becoming a medical tourism destination for weight loss surgery and other medical procedures.
With its surreal beauty and tepid climate, Puerto Vallarta is attracting top bariatric surgeons. The draw of top medical professionals and beautiful city has caused Puerto Vallarta medical tourism to grow.
Puerto Vallarta is well connected to major airports hubs both in the US and in Canada. Scheduled flights operate from several U.S. cities with direct flights from Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Detroit, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Minneapolis / Siant Paul, New York, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle.
Scheduled flights operate from some of Canada’s main cities: Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, and Edmonton. The Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (PVR) is located four miles north of downtown Puerto Vallarta.
Airlines flying into Puerto Vallarta:
|– American Airlines|
– Alaska Airlines
– Sun Country Airlines
|– Virgin America|
– US Airways
– Frontier Airlines
– Sunwing Airlines
– Air Canada
Puerto Vallarta Hotel Accommodations
Below, is a list of hotels in Peurto Vallarta where guests are left with a quality experience during their stay.
Each hotel comes with its own unique set of sights, accommodations, and experiences.
Paradise Village Hotel Resort
Paradise Village Puerto Vallarta is a large beach resort located in the heart of Puerto Vallarta, just minutes away from San Javier Hospital. Paradise Village makes a great place to recover after bariatric surgery because it’s just a short walk from the hospital.
Paradise Village has the amenities you’d expect from a large resort, including spas, pools, gym, restaurants, bars, water sports, and a whole lot more. Paradise Village rooms are spacious, with features including in-room safe, purified water, wifi, refrigerator/microwave, and lots more.
Paradise Village Hotel Resort in Puerto Vallarta is nearby San Javier Hospital and is gorgeous. Paradise Village has all the amenities you’d come to expect from a 5-Star hotel resort.
Puerto Vallarta Marriott Resort and Spa
The CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, located in Marina Vallarta, offers a perfect blend of luxurious accommodations and amenities. According to Conde Nast Traveler, this 4-diamond resort is one of the World’s 100 Best Hotels.
This exquisite resort is located right on the Banderas Bay beach and features a swim-up bar in the pool. The resort features newly decorated rooms, contemporary bathrooms, 3 world-class restaurants, a high-tech gym, and an Ohtli Spa- the most spacious and luxurious full-service spa in all Puerto Vallarta.
The CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa is just minutes away from the Puerto Vallarta Airport and Puerto Vallarta’s finest golf courses. The resort’s sandy beach offers lounge chairs, umbrellas, and perfect sunshine.
Located on the beach, the Marriott in Puerto Vallarta maintains the service and ambiance that made Marriott successful. Enjoy recovering from weight loss surgery in one of their beautiful hotel rooms, overlooking the ocean.
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort – Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Sunset Plaza Beach Resort in Puerto Vallarta is a large hotel resort located on right on the beach. Sunset Plaza is located in close proximity to our hospital facilities in Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta and is close to local tourist spots in Puerto Vallarta.
Room Features and Amenities
- Private Terrace with Room Service Table
- 32” LCD Screen with DVD
- iPod Port with Alarm Clock
- Marble Bathroom
- Aromatherapy Menu
- Vanity Mirror
- Security Box
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Bathrobe and Slippers
- Night Courtesy Service
- Room Service 24 horas
- 24-Hour Room Service
Sunset Beach Resort is a 5 Star hotel resort located right on the beach. Enjoy this resort with all the amenities, view the amenities and details.
At Mexico Bariatric Center we strive to provide our patients with a comfortable and smooth running stay. Hotels may change over time as demand, the location of our surgical center, and other variables change. The hotel stay is provided for the day before surgery as well as the required recovery time for the patient.
Transportation between the hotel and hospital as well as between San Diego and Mexico is provided by Mexico Bariatric Center.
When preparing to undergo surgery and working with one of our patient coordinators, the hotel stay will be arranged for you.
To learn more about the hotels we currently use for our patients during their stay for bariatric surgery in Mexico, contact us at 855-768-7247
If you are looking to get started on your journey to weight loss surgery and want to see if you qualify, fill out our quick pre-screen and a patient coordinator will reach out to you as quickly as possible.
Why Puerto, Vallarta Mexico?
Puerto Vallarta, Vallarta, PV or PVR for short, is a resort city situated on the Pacific Ocean’s Banderas Bay in the state of Jalisco. The city borders to the southwest of Nayarit and is a neighbor to Riviera Nayarit (also known as Nuevo Vallarta), a luxury residential-resort community. Puerto Vallarta has beautiful sunsets and is waiting to give you the most relaxing experience you have ever had.
Since the 1950s, Puerto Vallarta has become an international tourist destination attracting tourists and medical tourists. Puerto Vallarta has accommodating weather, scenery, beaches, and rich cultural history. Puerto Vallarta has many rental and accommodations options, which attract visitors from United States, Canada, and Europe. The high season for international tourism in Puerto Vallarta is from October through April.
Puerto Vallarta is also a popular vacation spot for residents of Guadalajara and Mexico City, particularly in Semana Santa (the week preceding Easter) and Christmas. Due to increasing interest of the United States and Canadian retirees, Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta have become a popular retirement destination. This trend has boomed condominium development in both cities.
Things to Do in Puerto Vallarta
There is a variety of tours available from jungles to the sea, providing a safe, fun and informative adventure for visitors. Snorkeling, kayaking, and horseback riding through Mexico’s most unspoiled tropical locations are some of the most favorite ways to spend an afternoon. Banderas Bay and the surrounding area offers divers a unique diving experience. Other things to do include:
- Canopy Adventure Park – Enjoy a multi-activity, adrenaline-pumping, treetop eco-adventure with Mexico’s best double security zip line in a 530-acre park.
- Offroad Adventure – Escape Vallarta’s beaten path during a backcountry adventure to explore the real Mexico. You will be escorted by 4×4 vehicles to the remote, traditional villages of the Vallarta area and the Sierra Madre Mountains.
- Sierra Madre South – Discover a charming region of the Banderas Bay’s southern region rich in natural beauty, history and culture.
- San Sebastian Del Oeste – Visit picturesque San Sebastian Village, one of Mexico’s last remaining towns, up in the Sierra Madre Mountains. San Sebastian is a living museum surrounded by aromatic pine forests.
- Air Adventures – Go beyond and experience unique and foreign adventures by taking a scenic flight from Puerto Vallarta.
- Whale Watching Photo Safari – An intimate photography experience of watching North Pacific humpbacks whale. This whale watching photo safari provides a closer look at the world in which these magnificent animals live.
- Las Caletas Beach Hideaway – Enjoy a fun-filled boat ride to Las Caletas beach hideaway. You can swim, snorkel, paddle board and kayak in the warm, clear waters of the cove. The kids can add thrill and excitement to the Kids Adventure Park. You can also arrange a Las Caletas whale watching tour. Make the Sea Lion Encounter program as a part of your magical day at Las Caletas.
- Yelapa & Majahuitas – Visit isolated fishing villages, meet the locals, hike to the waterfall, and snorkel and kayak in the warm waters.
- Rhythms of The Night – Experience an enchanting evening at the secluded cove of Las Caletas beach hideaway. Rhythms of the night dance performance bring Mexico’s storied past to life and illustrate how ancient pre-Columbian religions and beliefs influenced the myths, legends, and cultures of Mexico. Haunting flutes and pulsating drums summon you along a torch-lit path to a pyramid set in the dark jungle. Enjoy a sumptuous candlelight dinner and open-bar with a broad selection of beverages while enjoying the beautiful view of the cove from your seaside table.
- Sunset Sailing – Pamper yourself in the glow of a romantic Mexican sunset on comfortable and luxurious Beneteau yachts.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta is a major draw for Canadian patients and U.S. patients. We will continue to see Puerto Vallarta be a major draw in Medical Tourism. With new medical services opening daily and new top-notch hospitals, Puerto Vallarta will continue to be a World-Class medical tourism spot.
Is Puerto Vallarta, Mexico Dangerous?
Not likely. Most of the danger you hear on the news and can be unfounded. Every year more than 20 million tourists visit Mexico each year, and close to 1 million U.S. citizens now call Mexico their home. Puerto Vallarta was recently on a Travelocity’s list of the best summer destination.
More than the popularity of the city for tourists Worldwide, Puerto Vallarta’s local government is committed to keeping visitors and residents as safe as possible.
Also Consider: Weight Loss Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta Weight Loss Surgery
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is quickly becoming an international destination for weight loss surgery. Normally known for the beautiful resorts and destinations, Puerto Vallarta is attracting world-class bariatric surgeons.
Puerto Vallarta has a great climate, scenery, beaches, and rich cultural history. Puerto Vallarta has many rental and accommodations and attracts people from the United State, Canada, and Europe. The high season for international tourism in Puerto Vallarta is from October through April.
We are not currently booking surgeries in Puerto Vallarta at this time.
Why Bariatric Surgery in Puerto Vallarta
Beautiful scenery drives the majority of tourists, but the inexpensive medical services and the high-quality hospitals’ services attract the majority of medical tourists.
- Beautiful Scenery
- Full-Service Hospital Services
- Expert Team of Bariatric Surgeons
Puerto Vallarta Facts, Statistics
- Puerto Vallarta was officially founded on December 12, 1851.
- The Puerto Vallarta shares the birth year with Seattle, WA, and latitude with Hawaii.
- The name “Puerto Vallarta” comes from the man Ignacio Vallarta, a former governor of Jalisco.
- The Puerto Vallarta Bay is very famous for its abundant natural beaches (playas), scenic sunsets, supersport fishing and the great cuisine.
- The city lies on the shores of the “Bahia de Banderas” is one of the largest bays in the world.
- Best known attraction is “The Church of Guadalupe”, in the Puerto Vallarta’s old town. The classic church’s construction commenced in 1918 and completed in 1951. The top of the church is a miniature crown of the Carlota, Empress of Mexico in 1890’s.
- The film “Night of Iguana” is filmed in 1963 in Puerto Vallarta. This filming of the movie made this city to flock with tourists as the people were excited to see the locations where the film made.
- “El Malecon” well known as the Sunday Night Festival. Every Sunday night natives and tourists come alike and make the festival alive. Food, music, street performers, and market are some of the attractions in the festival.
- The principal economic activities are tourist related industries like hotels, restaurants, personal services, and transportation.
Puerto Vallarta Bariatric Surgery Hospitals & Facilities
Puerto Vallarta, the great held tourist destination in Mexico for Vacationing Americans, is quickly seen as a rise in medical tourism. Bariatric surgeons are suddenly flocking to Puerto Vallarta’s medical hospitals to perform surgeries on US and Canadian patients.
Hospitals in Puerto Vallarta
One of the reasons why so many doctors are opting for Puerto Vallarta is because of the full-service hospitals. San Javier Hospital in Puerto Vallarta, San Javier Hospital in Nuevo Vallarta, Amerimed, and CornerStone are just a few hospitals that have full-size operating rooms for patients. Both of these hospitals are top-ranked and meet or exceed hospital standards in the United States.
The gorgeous view, the hotel resorts, and all that Puerto Vallarta has to offer to make it a prime location for Mexico medical tourism. Get a fresh start in life in beautiful Puerto Vallarta!
Nuevo Vallarta Surgery Hospital – San Javier Medical Tower
San Javier Hospital is a brand new, state-of-the-art hospital in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. Located in the prestigious Nuevo Vallarta business center, this hospital has dedicated bariatric surgery operating room with special accommodations for weight loss surgery patients. With the highest levels of accreditation, this hospital meets the needs of international visitors from the United States and Canada to Riviera Nayarit.
Puerto Vallarta Surgery Hospital – Cornerstone Hospital/Medica Ebor Hospital
Medica Ebor Hospital – formerly known as Cornerstone – is an internationally recognized hospital in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. This hospital is capable of providing a whole host of procedures including bariatric revisions. CornerStone is an established full-service hospital that contains an Intensive Care Unit (ICU), MRI, a full-service lab, private rooms and other amenities.
Located in the hotel zone and shopping centers of Puerto Vallarta, Medica Ebor Hospital has been used by top bariatric surgeons for years, and continues to provide excellent care for all bariatric surgery patients. The hospital has 10 fully equipped rooms, offering our patients peace and security in medical as well as their families. Each room offers cable TV services, air conditioning, sofa for family and the best quality medical furniture.
Hospital Medica Ebor offers 5 beds in the fully equipped emergency area for all types of patients, providing quality care and facilities. Here are the available services:
- Emergency 24/7
- X-Ray Room
- Surgery Room
- Delivery Room
- Laboratory Service
- Intensive Care
- Maternity Ward
- Intensive Care Neonatal
- Medical Office, Different Specialties
- Parking and Restaurant