Seeking a Trusted Bariatric Surgery Center?
Weight loss surgery has gained popularity in recent years as a proven way to achieve long-term weight loss. Bariatric procedures such as gastric sleeve and gastric bypass not only help get rid of obesity but also are a proven remedy to problems associated with it; such as type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, sleep apnea, and some forms of cancer. Any bariatric surgery center is costly outside of Mexico, particularly if it is not covered by insurance or if the deductible is high. Canadians can get the surgery free of charge, however, the wait can be as long as 12 years in certain provinces.
The medical tourism industry has become an extremely viable option for people without adequate insurance or coverage. Hence, going across the border to Tijuana, Mexico for low-cost health care is the best affordable alternative.
If you are looking to get a life-changing weight loss procedure, you will either save thousands or avoid an extensive wait time by choosing Tijuana, Mexico. Tijuana, Mexico is an increasingly popular destination for bariatric surgery as well. In order to find high-quality, safe, and trusted bariatric surgery in Mexico, you should go through a facilitating company.
Is the company that you are looking at for weight loss surgery simply a name, website, or PO box? Or is it a REAL bariatric company with REAL results? These are the questions you need to ask when searching for a trusted bariatric surgery center.
Here Are The Things You Should Consider:
1. Facilitator Company – Research the company:
Make sure they are not a fly-by-night, one-man shop company. Any Internet marketer can set up a website with no infrastructure behind it.
- Are they a U.S. based corporation?
- How many years have they been in business?
- Do they have any affiliations or certifications (BBB, MTA, etc.)?
- Do they have positive reviews online?
- Do they have before/after pictures of patients’ success?
- Are they transparent with social media channels?
2. All-Inclusive Package – Look for all-inclusive packages that include:
- At least 2 nights in a hotel
- Surgical Fees
- A hospital stay of at least 1 night for Gastric Balloon, 2 nights for Gastric Sleeve, and 3 nights for Gastric Bypass, Mini Bypass, and Duodenal Switch.
- Provides both Pre-op and Post-op tests
- Medications included
- In-bound, in town, and outbound private transportation
- Make sure the advertised price has no hidden fees
- Is the bariatric surgery price reflect an all-inclusive package?
- Does the package allow for enough stay in a high-quality hospital & hotel (2 nights in hotel and 2 to 3 nights in hospital)?
- Does the package include bringing a companion at no charge?
In general, it is recommended that you avoid low advertised prices that seem too good to be true.
- Look for bariatric surgical centers with dedicated, knowledgeable, and caring patient coordinators to guide you along your journey. They are the ones to be available at all times to walk you through the entire process.
- Are they full-time employees dedicated to your success?
- What is the patient satisfaction rate?
- This person can make the difference in your overall experience and success.
5. Surgical Team – Research the bariatric surgeon(s):
- Their board-certifications, skills, track record, experience, and proven outcomes.
- It is preferable to deal with a bariatric surgery center with multiple surgeons capable of doing all bariatric surgery procedures, including hard-to-do surgical procedures and revisions.
- Be aware of start-up companies that use an inexperienced surgeon who had just worked as an assistant surgeon.
- How many surgeries do the surgical team perform each day for your safety, results, and outcome keeping the quality of care in mind?
- Is the SURGERY performed completely FROM START TO FINISH (not a ghost surgeon)? There are famous doctors heavily marketed that are just a name and do not perform the surgeries themselves.
- Instrumentation and equipment they use. Make sure they use brand-name, certified devices for surgery.
- Make sure the surgical team and bariatric surgeon are both qualified and experienced, especially the anesthesiologist.
- Look at the complication rate of the surgeon, surgical staff, and the bariatric surgery center as a whole. The published complication rate is about 2.8% to 4.5% in the U.S. However, the closer to zero it is, the more desirable option.
- It is crucial for the surgeon to be able to communicate with the patient and that they are fluent in English.
- Is the surgery performed at a certified hospital (not a surgery center or facility)?
- Is the hospital specialized in bariatric surgery – using a dedicated bariatric hospital lowers the risk and complication rate, and usually has a better outcome?
- Does the hospital have an Intensive Care Unit or an ICU?
- Pre-operative diet support with a specialized nutritionist.
- Post-operative support with nutritionist and dietitian.
- After-care support with nutritionist, dietitian, and surgeon liaison.
- Access to a closed Facebook support group with thousands of active members.
- Nutritional webinars.
- Do you have a person medically-informed to talk to if you have a question before or after bariatric surgery?
Why Are There so Many Low Prices Advertised for Bariatric Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico?
Medical tourism is a young, growing industry with little to no regulation. Most of the patients search online for weight loss procedures. Google allows anyone to pay to get their name listed on top of the page results when you look for bariatric procedures or obesity treatment services. Therefore, many internet savvy people take advantage of this situation by putting up a copycat website and pretending that they are a medical tourism company. They have no back end, coordination, or organization. Consequently, the surgeon they use is often an assistant surgeon with little to no experience. Often, offering extremely low price because of no overhead costs. These individuals are in it to make a quick profit. As a result, they usually do not last more than a year, sometimes scamming patients.
Ask Questions When You Call
First of all, not all research has to be done strictly online. When searching for the right bariatric surgical center, always call and ask them about all of their listed procedures. Do not be afraid to ask questions. When undergoing a life-changing procedure such as gastric sleeve surgery, you want to look out for your best interest and ideal outcome. Therefore, become knowledgeable in what each bariatric company has to offer. Then, you improve your chances of a quality experience with the best results, that you won’t regret.
Mexico Bariatric Center, Leader of Bariatric Surgery in Mexico
At Mexico Bariatric Center (MBC), every procedure we offer is listed at an affordable price as part of an all-inclusive package. We have been in business since 2012 and are fully staffed with the qualified specialists to help our patients from start to finish. Our pricing is transparent, our bariatric surgeons are certified professionals, and our customer service is unparalleled to any other bariatric medical tourism facilitator.
Ultimately, the purpose of providing this information is to enable anyone interested in bariatric surgery make the right decision. As a result, we hope that this proves useful in your journey to weight loss success!
- Why Choose Mexico Bariatric Center?
- Mexico Bariatric Center Certified Bariatric Surgery Team
- Weight Loss Surgery Costs
- Research Study Shows Eight Criteria for Highest Surgical Outcomes
Mexico Bariatric Center