What to Take to Hospital for Bariatric Surgery (Gastric Sleeve/Bypass)
So it’s time to change your life for the better. Even though your nerves are through the roof, there is excitement to finally have your life back. Happiness, confidence, and health are the biggest reasons why people get weight loss surgery.
You are next! The day has come, but what now? What should you expect? What should you bring to Mexico for weight loss surgery? Are you prepared?
What to Pack for Weight Loss Surgery Hospital Stay (Patients Packing List)
Our Patients Collectively Came Together to Make This List to Prepare for Weight Loss Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico.
Whether is gastric sleeve surgery, gastric bypass surgery, mini bypass, or gastric balloon – here is the packing list to bring to Mexico for bariatric surgery!
- Don’t pack too much, remember you are not traveling for a fashion show. You are traveling for weight loss surgery. Just a small suitcase and a carry-on!
- Don’t waste luggage space with your own pillow, you probably will never use it. Although bringing a pillowcase is helpful. Maybe even bring a neck pillow.
- Relax and get sleep before the big day.
- Don’t let unrealistic fears and anxiety get in the way of your comfort as you prepare for surgery.
- Bring some spending cash, preferably smaller bills. Although tipping is up to you, having extra money for your travels may be worthwhile.
- Don’t trust “gas,” as it may not be just “gas.”
- Bring slippers that easily slip on when you get out of the hospital bed.
- Don’t be afraid to ask any of the hospital staff questions. Communication is key.
- Three essentials: After surgery Sip, Sip, Sip – Walk, Walk, Walk – Breathe, Breathe, Breathe.
- Bring extra wash clothes.
- Loose, stretchy clothes. You don’t just magically become skinny immediately after surgery. Easily accessible clothing is a must.
- Don’t be scared of being hungry, the surgery typically helps with hunger after surgery.
- Pack headphones with your own music for extra comfort.
- Bring extra underwear.
- Don’t be scared of pain or comfort during or after the surgery. The staff is there to make you as comfortable as possible and they will take good care of you.
- Don’t wait any longer to have surgery, change your life now.
- Bring Gas-X strip with you. If not MBC has limited number of Gas-X strips for sale – ask the staff!
- Relax and enjoy being taken care of by the staff. Remember that they are there for you.
- Bring a warm jacket or a sweater for the plane ride and just in case your cold in the hospital.
- Enjoy your favorite meal before starting your pre-op diet going into surgery. Taste buds change, and you have to follow a pre-op diet and post-op diet. Your eating habits will change.
- Sleep mask and earplugs.
- Heating pad.
- No long fingernails, artificial nails, or nail polish.
- Wear compression socks on the way back.
So What is the First Step to Getting Weight Loss Surgery?
Who knew a phone call could be so hard. Mexico Bariatric Center has made it easy to get affordable, safe, and quality weight loss surgery in Mexico. The medical tourism industry in Mexico is booming, and MBC is one of the leaders of Mexico bariatric surgery. It’s time to find out what your life is truly meant to be, and we can help get you there.
Why Choose Mexico Bariatric Center
Mexico Bariatric Center, the number 1 medical tourism operator for weight loss surgery in Mexico, has been attracting many travel tourists across the border to Tijuana, Mexico. MBC has changed so many lives for the better with its quality and affordable all-inclusive gastric sleeve packages in Tijuana.
Don’t wait any longer to have surgery, change your life now. Waiting may be your biggest regret. With patients losing 65-75% of their excess body weight one year after weight loss surgery, literally, every day makes a huge difference.
- First off, we have some of the most sought-after bariatric surgeons in Mexico. We have trusted, board-certified bariatric surgeons that have some of the lowest complication rates in the industry.
- Next, we have every staff member in place to make your experience perfect. Top notch patient coordinators, nutritionist, and surgeon liaison that accompany you every step of your journey.
- Last but not least, we have one of the biggest bariatric surgery support groups with past patients who will help you all along. Mexico Bariatric Center is a family, and we take care of our patients like they are family. Come and join the MBC Family!