Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico
So it’s time to change your life for the better. Even though your nerves are through the roof, there is excitement to finally have your life back. Happiness, confidence, and health are the biggest reasons why people get weight loss surgery. You are next! The day has come, but what now? What should you expect? What should you bring to Mexico for weight loss surgery? Are you prepared?
First and foremost, the most important thing our patients recommend is:
Don’t wait any longer to have surgery, change your life now. Waiting may be your biggest regret. With patients losing 65-75% of their excess body weight one year after weight loss surgery, literally, every day makes a huge difference.
Our Patients Collectively Came Together to Make This List to Prepare for Weight Loss Surgery
- Don’t pack too much, remember you are not traveling for a fashion show. You are traveling for weight loss surgery.
- Don’t waste luggage space on your own pillow, you probably will never use it. Although bringing a pillowcase is helpful. Maybe even bring a neck pillow.
- Relax and get sleep before the big day.
- Don’t let unrealistic fears and anxiety get in the way of your comfort as you prepare for surgery.
- Bring a little spending cash, preferably smaller bills. Although tipping is up to you, having some extra money for your travels may be worthwhile.
- Don’t trust “gas”, as it may not be just “gas”.
- Bring slippers that easily slip on when you get out of the hospital bed.
- Don’t be afraid to ask any of the hospital staff questions. Communication is key.
- Walk, walk, walk after surgery. Even breathing exercises can help.
- Bring extra wash clothes.
- Loose, stretchy clothes. You don’t just magically become skinny immediately after surgery. Easily accessible clothing is a must.
- Don’t be scared of being hungry, the surgery typically helps with hunger after surgery.
- Pack headphones with your own music for extra comfort.
- Bring extra underwear.
- Don’t be scared of pain or comfort during or after the surgery. The staff is there to make you as comfortable as possible and they will take good care of you.
- Don’t wait any longer to have surgery, change your life now.
- Bring Gas-x with you.
- Relax and enjoy being taken care of by the staff. Remember that they are there for you.
- Bring a warm jacket for the plane ride and just in case your cold in the hospital.
- Enjoy your favorite meal before starting your pre-op diet going into surgery. Taste buds change, and you have to follow a pre-op diet and post-op diet. Your eating habits will change.
- Sleep mask and earplugs.
So What is the First Step to Getting Weight Loss Surgery?
Who knew a phone call could be so hard. Mexico Bariatric Center has made it easy to get affordable, safe, and quality weight loss surgery in Mexico. The medical tourism industry is booming, and MBC is one of the leaders of Mexico bariatric surgery. It’s time to find out what your life is truly meant to be, and we can help get you there.
Why Choose Mexico Bariatric Center
- First off, we have some of the most sought-after bariatric surgeons in Mexico. We have trusted, board-certified surgeons that have some of the lowest complication rates in the industry.
- Next, we have every staff member in place to make your experience perfect. Top notch patient coordinators, nutritionist, and surgeon liaison that accompany you every step of your journey.
- We have one of the biggest bariatric surgery support groups with past patients who will anything to help you. Mexico Bariatric Center is a family, and we take care of our patients like they are family.