Why Tijuana Weight Loss Surgery?
The border city of Tijuana (TIA JUANA) is the largest city in Baja California Peninsula and part of the San Diego/Tijuana metropolitan area. As one of the fastest growing urban areas in Mexico, Tijuana is a crucial player in education, culture, art, economics, and politics.
Equipped with the latest medical technology, Tijuana Mexico attracts medical tourists seeking advanced procedures. Known as a Gateway to Mexico, Tijuana is one of the premier destinations for individuals undergoing weight loss surgery, and for good reason.
Tijuana, is very close to the U.S. border, just minutes away from the San Diego International Airport. Moreover, Tijuana has quality medical care at discounted rates. For example, Gastric Bypass procedures offered at ~$25,000 in the US is priced almost one-fourth for ~$6000.
Americans and Canadians can find top surgeons and quality hospitals that are specialized in bariatric and metabolic surgery for a fraction of the cost with no wait as in the case of Canada.
Quick Fact: Did you know:
- That Tijuana is number 1 destination for medical tourism in North America
- That 50,000 United States citizens safely cross the US border every day
- That 1 Million United State Citizens live in Mexico
Why Undergo Bariatric Surgery in Tijuana?
Precautions about traveling to Tijuana should NOT keep patients to look into this viable option for bariatrics. Tijuana is as safe as a lot of places in the U.S. You save a lot of money and get surgery with an excellent surgeon. Mexico Bariatric Center hand picks dedicated bariatric surgeons that are board-certified, skilled and experienced. MBC does not overbook its surgeons and has limits per day for each one. Mexico Bariatric Center also selects high-volume certified hospital facilities. All of our bariatric surgeons operating in Tijuana work at full-service hospitals. One of our hospitals includes Hospital Mi Doctor, a top-notch hospital with the following features:
- Four State-of-the-Art Operating Rooms
- In-House Radiology Department
- Endoscopy-Suite In-House
- Backup Generator
MBC has been offering safe weight loss surgery procedures in Tijuana, Mexico since 2012. The all-inclusive packages are high quality yet affordable and include, transportation, post-op/pre-op tests & medications, surgical fees, hospital fees, hotel stay, nutritionist, and after-care.
Tijuana Weight Loss Surgeons
Mexico Bariatric Center surgeons are world-renown and have close to zero complications with high success rate.
Tijuana Weight Loss Surgery Facilities
Tijuana Surgery Hospital – Mi Doctor Hospital
Tijuana Hospital Mi Doctor is a new, modern full-service hospital that is about 20 minutes away from San Diego airport and has four fully equipped, the state of the art operating room, three floors dedicated to bariatric patients and intensive-Care Unit (ICU). Mi Doctor Hospital can handle any bariatric procedure. Tijuana Hospital Mi Doctor is a mere three blocks from the U.S. border and can provide all the main bariatric surgeries.
Contact our staff to learn more and read more.
City Express Suites Hotel
Located in the heart of prestigious Zona RIO, this brand new hotel is ranked number one among 44 hotels in Tijuana. The hotel room suites are spacious and have a kitchenette. This deluxe hotel offers excellent services to MBC’s patients and provides chicken broth, Jello, and bottled water. read more
Tijuana, Mexico Facts, and Statistics:
- Tijuana established officially on July 11, 1889.
- The city’s name originated from a property piece called as “Rancho de la Tia Juana” or Aunt Juana’s Ranch” which is placed in the town at the end of the 18 century.
- The valley is surrounded by canyons, mountains, and ravines.
- The world’s busiest border. ( >40 million people per year)
- The inhabitants are around 2 million and are the third most populous municipality in the country.
- Manufacturing, medical tourism, commerce, and construction are leading economic enterprises in the city.
- The Direct foreign investment makes it the third in Mexico.
- In 1864, it opened its first customs office.
- There are major clusters for the aerospace and medical industry etc.
Top Things to do while in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Avenida Revolución
- Tijuana Cultural Center
- Playas de Tijuana
- Agua Caliente Race Track
- Tijuana Country Club
- El Popo Market
- Estadio Gasmart
- Catedral de Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe
- Museo de Cera (Tijuana Wax Museum)
- Old City Hall (Palacio Municipal Antiguo)
- Plaza Del Rio
Road Trip to Ensenada:
There are two ways to get to Ensenada from Tijuana. There is a “Free Road” that runs from downtown Tijuana to Ensenada. And there is the coastal toll road to Ensenada which serves as a major artery for tourism and commerce. This scenic road goes from Rosarito to Ensenada passes through El Descanso, Puerto Nuevo, Primo Tapia, Campo Lopez, La Fonda, Bajamar, and San Miguel.
Rosarito Attractions: Exploration (Titanic Museum), Rosarito Spring Break.
Ensenada Attractions: Hussongs Cantina, La Bufadora, Mercado de Mariscos (Ensenada Fish Market), Valle de Guadalupe (Valley of Guadalupe), Surfing and Whale Watching.
A lot of Americans choose to move and live in Mexico after seeing what Mexico has to offer. Lower real estate prices, property tax, food, and medical expenses make Mexico appealing. You will find a lot of foreigners in Playas de Tijuana, Rosarito, Ensenada and San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.
Guide to Tijuana:
- Weight Loss Surgeons in Tijuana, Mexico
- Weight Loss Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico
- Travelling in Tijuana, Mexico