Tens of thousands of obese individuals worldwide have lost weight by undergoing mini gastric bypass surgery. They have significantly decreased the risks of various health complications, including type II diabetes, heart failure, and more. However, the cost of weight loss surgery can be a financial burden.
In the United States, a mini gastric bypass can cost upwards of $22,000; in Mexico, surgery packages start at $5,795. This article highlights some of the most affordable destinations for the procedure.
What is the Mini Gastric Bypass?
Known medically as the one-anastomosis surgery, the Mini Gastric Bypass (MGB) is a popular modification of the RNY gastric bypass. This procedure is a viable option as a primary surgical treatment of obesity and as a revisional option to rescue previous failed surgeries like Gastric Sleeve.
In the single anastomosis gastric bypass procedure, the surgeon creates a mini stomach pouch as a long narrow tube and attaches it to the small intestine laparoscopically. This process reduces the stomach size, making the patient feel full sooner while eating.
If you are considering bariatric surgery, mini bypass surgery is an effective alternative to other weight loss surgeries. See if you pre-qualify today.
Cost of Mini Gastric Bypass Worldwide
The typical Gastric Mini Bypass surgery price can vary from $5,000 to a high of $22,000 worldwide. As a result, more and more patients are going abroad to reduce costs and obtain superior medical care. Before scheduling a procedure, you should evaluate prices based on the expertise, reputation, and accessibility of the bariatric facility.
Factors that affect pricing:
- Geographic location– Cities and areas with higher living costs and higher demand for the procedure may result in higher prices.
- Surgeon’s Experience and Credentials– Highly experienced and distinguished surgeons may charge more for their services.
- Hospital or Facility Fees– The cost of the procedure depends on the fees charged by the hospital or surgical facility.
- Transportation and Hotel accommodations– As you travel further for surgery, the cost of airfare and lodging will increase accordingly.
- Insurance Coverage– Some insurance company policies may cover some or all of the cost of the procedure. Benefits can vary.
- Medical Complications– Additional medical care and fees may be necessary if any medical complications arise during or after the procedure.
Here are some popular medical tourism destinations and their average prices:
Disclaimer: These prices may not be all-inclusive.
Gastric Mini Bypass Cost in the United States – The cost of a mini gastric bypass in the U.S. differs depending on the state, hospital, and doctor. Generally, it ranges from $16,000 to $22,000.
Affordable Surgery Package in Mexico
Mexico Bariatric Center® offers the mini gastric bypass procedure, starting at an affordable price of $5,795. We have financing options such as personal loans, United Credit, eFinancing, and Medicard iFinance. We prioritize personalized care for each patient, providing you with a dedicated coordinator, around-the-clock nursing care, and a board-certified surgeon. Additionally, we operate in an accredited hospital with an ICU and exceptionally low complication rates.
Pricing for our all-inclusive, mini gastric bypass package consists of these features:
- 24/7 Surgical Team and Nursing Staff
- Accredited Hospital with ICU
- Private Ground Transportation
- Board Certified Surgeons
- State-of-the-Art Equipment
- Pre-Op + Post-Op Nutrition Program
- Private Ground Transportation
- U.S. Surgeon Liaison
Why is Mexico’s Medical Cost Lower?
Mexico offers a lower cost of living, 46.4% lower than the United States. As a result, salaries for bariatric surgeons and their staff tend to be lower in Mexico. Hospitals can include specialized services at lower prices by taking advantage of high-volume discounts. In addition, Mexico’s tourism industry has low entry barriers, resulting in competitive pricing across various bariatric facilities.
If you want to take advantage of these savings, you can fill out a free health questionnaire online or call us at 1-855-768-7247
See this Couples’ Testimonial!